Starting this week: Open Hardware Literature Review Series

Hi everyone, and Happy New Year! :tada:

As some of you may already have seen, @unixjazz is leading a literature review on open hardware! As part of the literature review process, we will be hosting a series of community calls focused on various OH-related topics, taking place during the first two weeks of January. The first one, on legal studies of open licensing, is taking place on January 5th. You can find out more about these calls below!

GOSH Open Hardware Literature Review Series

Throughout early 2023, the GOSH Community will be working collaboratively on an open hardware literature review as part of the GOSH 2022 Research and Policy Writing Workshops. As part of the literature process, we will be holding a series of public calls focused on a particular topic related to open hardware. Each call will consist of a 1-hour public talk on the topic with time for additional comments from the community.

If you are interested in participating in the literature review process, please join us for one (or more!) of the following calls listed below:

Schedule of Calls

1. Legal Studies of Open Licensing: January 5th at 20:00 UTC

• Presenter(s): Michael Weinberg (Engelberg Center on Innovation Law & Policy).
  • You can register via this Zoom link.

2. Social, Economic and Policy Studies: January 9th at 20:00 UTC

• Presenter(s): Julieta Arancio (Drexel University), Alison Parker (Wilson Center), Guillermina Actis (Centro de Investigaciones para la Transformación);

3. Scientific Instrumentation and Standardization: January 11th at 21:00 UTC

• Presenter(s): Jenny Molloy (University of Cambridge);

You can also subscribe to the GOSH community calendar to be notified of these sessions and other GOSH-related events and activities.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions!
Bri

3 Likes

Ah I’ve love to join all three calls, but they will be at 03:00/04:00 in the morning for me, so I probably can’t make it… Will they be recorded @briannaljohns @unixjazz? I’ll try to help with the literature review regardless!

1 Like

This is a reminder that the first session of our open hardware literature review series is happening today! Join us for a session on legal studies of open licensing, at 20:00 UTC. Be sure to register via this Zoom link in order to join!

1 Like

Dear all,

I am leaving the link to the thread where we discuss the preparation of the literature review:

https://forum.openhardware.science/t/oh-literature-review/4357

Please follow this link to learn how to join us in preparing the review.

Best wishes,
LF.

1 Like

Hi,
For contribution to the literature review paper you can visit the thematic collection entitled “Open Design and Open Source Hardware Products” that we have created a couple of years ago in the Design Science Journal.

This is open access.

1 Like

Hi everyone!

I am sharing a recording of yesterday’s call on legal studies of open licensing here!

Thanks,
Bri

3 Likes

This is a great initiative. I would love to be more involved when I can next to the several related things we have going on. They might also be of interest to you:

2 Likes

Because @haris and I are a little behind: Is there a specific deadline for our part of the review?

2 Likes

(though from my days in XR a german friend of mine chose to call them ‘lifelines’ :slight_smile: ) - i need to catch up a bit with this guru of mine!

1 Like