This session split into a project “Mapping” session and a “OH literature review” session.
People: Darin, George, Moritz, Honey Badger, Juul, Andy (briefly :P).
- Darin & Nico: same stuff, we have a lot of “modular” high level dependencies, and want to reuse stuff and not make everything from scratch.
- George: go to GitHub/GitLab for specific software. It is frustrating to not know if there is some free project.
- Moritz: personal growth.
- Honey badger: loves hardware.
Related forum posts:
- OH search engines and repositories.
- List projects: needs, work in progress, finished projects.
- George: Get someone to crawl all websites, and make a list.
- We need tags.
- Honey badger: Get an identifier for projects.
- Juul: make a mediawiki, host it on MIRAHEZE perhaps.
- Reddit forums
- Reddit subs
- Make forums
Closer to OH (no particular order):
- OpenNeuroscience: open-neuroscience.com
- Open Hardware Observatory (OHO): oho.wiki
- Just One Giant Lab (JOGL): app.jogl.io/search/projects
- Open Hardware Repository (OHR): ohwr.org
- Library of Open Source Hardware: https://losh.opennext.eu/
- WikiData projects category/node.
- Appropedia: appropedia.org/Category:Projects
OpenKnowHow (OKH): search.openknowhow.org
- Kaspar’s “GOSH projects” community members website: projects.openhardware.science
- GOSH forum has few projects, and doesn’t have a nice enough layout to crawl it.
- Hackaday / hackaday.io (blog/information, project)
- WikiFactory (HackADay aluternative): wikifactory.com/community/projects
- WikiFab: Wikifab
- OSWHA certification program list: certification.oshwa.org/list.html
- OpenHardwareMakers list: openhardware.space/projects
- WildLabs.Net (field science)
- Hackster.io: hackster.io
- WikiFab, Piblitz
- Tindie (Etsy for hardware)
- Is there a yelp for hardware? A “meta” search engine for hardware. Crowd-source stuff like reviews.
Closer to wetlab OH:
- Mailing lists:
- OpenWetWare: openwetware.org
- Big mediawiki where many labs document their protocols.
- Would be great to have something like this for OH.
- Hackteria (blog/information): hackteria.org/category/projects/
What information must we include about a project in a repository.
- OpenKnowHow: internetofproduction.org/open-know-how
- Great stuff.
- Forum: community.internetofproduction.org
- The standard supports “SUB PARTS” but does not define the dependencies “functionally” (not yet, 2022) or interfaces, to support modularity. Would be nice.
People: Jenny, Shannon, Katie, Luis Felipe.
Objective: gather papers on open hardware and around open hardware.
Notes: next post! Thanks Katie.
allspice.io “A git platform for hardware”
- Why not use git? High entry barrier.