Let me introduce myself

Hi everyone. Very glad to be part of this forum. I recognize a few familiar names too!. After reading and browsing the forum for a few weeks I decided it was time to introduce myself. Hope this is the right place to do so. Otherwise, forgive my mistake.

I am a pathologist with a passion for technology. I have been working with 3D printers, 3d modeling software, arduinos, raspberry pis for a several years now. I am an aspiring medical engineer in some way. I am involved in many global health projects that allowed me understand the shortcomings of many healthcare professionals and researchers throughout the globe. I hope to find in the GOSH community a place to share ideas, find inspiration and partner with other like minded individuals to pursue a couple of projects of my own. My goal is to create a very inexpensive automated pathology laboratory to process biological samples.

I think I will leave it short for now. Please contact me If you think that this idea may interest you.

Daniel

10 Likes

Welcome to GOSH @dgrosen! Great to have you here!

2 Likes

Welcome @dgrosen !

1 Like

I the GOSH Africa liaison working to connect GOSH and Africa OSH community. Your goal is to create an automated pathology laboratory that will be very useful in Africa. We can organize a call to discuss it and find collaboration with people who might be interested to contribute.

2 Likes

Welcome @dgrosen! I have a biology background but knows very little about pathology, but an automated pathology lab is very exciting! Thanks for coming. :slight_smile:

You are arriving just in time for the GOSH Community Council election, please remember to register to vote! This way you can help the GOSH community help you!

2 Likes

Welcome, @dgrosen! I’m Bri, the community coordinator for GOSH, and it’s so lovely to have you here!

I wanted to hop on this thread to let you know that every month we host Open Hours where new members can find out more about GOSH (and meet other GOSHers too). We also have a Welcome Guide if you want a short summary of what is going on in the GOSH community :slight_smile:

Feel free to send me a message if you have any questions!

-Bri

3 Likes

Hi @TOKO. Nice to e-meet you and very glad you like the project idea. I will be thrilled to have a meeting to chat about my low cost automated path lab project.

3 Likes

Nice to meet you, Daniel and welcome!
I am a biologist and I work in health research. The open source pathology project is a wonderful idea. A low cost CBC and an array to measure iron status markers through microfluidics is something I always wanted to be involved with but still far from anything concrete, just an idea.
I will tag @LeninRueda who might be interested as well.

1 Like

Hi @DulceYaquetto. Thanks for the warm welcome. Your ideas line up with my interest as well. A low cost CBC will be a great addition to my project and something I was considering too. Not sure how to tackle microfluidics yet but something I am willing to explore.

2 Likes

Hi everyone. I am newbie … Its my first post. So happy to be a part of this community

3 Likes

Hi I’m Brian [DrBrian on the GOSH], interested in open source hardware and fermentation, also an attender of @hackterialab14 in Yogya.
Following the openflexure and CO2 sensor projects. Learning circuitpython, with pi PICO and MicroBit.
Cheers,
Brian

1 Like

Hi @DrBrian. This sounds like a fun project. What would be the case use? detecting bacteria growth?

1 Like