Dear GOSH Community Forum,
Below is a summary of the GOSH Community Council meeting at 22:00 UTC on Wednesday, 09 February 2022. As always, feedback is appreciated and please give feedback on if this is too much/little detail!
- GOSH Global Gathering 2022
- Back on track towards running this gathering 26-29 October 2022!
- Also working on registration and some design work.
- Regional funding
- Would be great to have more reviewers in future rounds and also the collaborative develop funding call.
Collaborative development fund/grant
- Please apply!
- More reviewers wanted, so please express interest here.
- Corrected a typo in the call for applications.
- Putative listening working group
- We’re working hard on initiating an autopsy of last years election that generated this community council.
- We know there’s much room for improvement, and will start by trying establishing a common reality/history of the process last year, and start a listening process with the GOSH community to inform this year’s election. Please watch this space for opportunities to voice your thoughts/concerns!
- Talked about discussions with Just One Giant Lab (JOGL) and what they might be able to provide. JOGL will be presenting at an upcoming community call, so please join!
- @Moe generously reached out from Open Source Ecology Germany about possibly hosting some stuff for GOSH, such as their cool HedgeDoc instance, among other things. @hpy will continue the conversation with them, and also about the fact that Open Source Ecology Germany might be able to act as a holder of funds in Euros. More details to be worked out.
We didn’t get to formal “agenda items” because the discussion about took all the time, but it reflects all the things we are busily working on!
That’s all folks!
Has this summary been useful for you? Please chime in below!
P.S. Notes from previous meeting on 2022-02-02 are here.