Seeking members for the GOSH Collaborative Development Program Distribution working group!

Hello everyone!

The GOSH Community Council is forming a working group to review and select open science project proposals under The GOSH Collaborative Development Program, and oversee the distribution of GOSH funds to those projects.

The GOSH Collaborative Development Program is designed to facilitate the production of high quality open science hardware by building collaboration. The goals of this program are as follows:

• To move forward existing OScH projects to achieve higher quality or more relevant results’
  • To incorporate and experiment with a range of documentation best practices
  • To match up new hardware projects with expertise from across the GOSH community
  • To experiment with collaborative models in working with professionals who have expertise presently missing, or scarce within the GOSH community
  • To learn from these professionals to improve the process of OScH design and development.

The total amount of funding that will be distributed is $110,000 USD. All organisations and groups are eligible to apply as long as their proposed projects are aligned with the GOSH Manifesto 2, code of conduct, and ethos.

A call for applications for this funding was posted on 28 January 2022.

At least one member of the working group will be a Community Council member, and all members of this working group will be volunteers. The responsibilities of this working group are:

• Review the applications (this is the main task)

• Follow-up on the deliverables of the applicants selected

• Participate in a meta-review/reflection event of this funding process in late 2022

The most active/busy times for the working group should be (a) February 15 2022 to 15 March 2022 for the first round of applications; (b) June to July 2022 for the second round; and (c) late 2022 for the reflection event.

Please note that because of the tight schedule, for this time the Community Council will make the final decision on the composition of this working group.

If you are interested in joining this working group, please let us know. There will be a minimum of 3 people in this group and a maximum of 7. Also note that if you are planning on applying for this funding yourself for an event you are also helping organize, it will most likely constitute a conflict of interest, and you will have to - at a minimum - recuse yourself from that part of the review process.

Thanks and please express your interest by responding to this forum thread!

5 Likes

I want to help on that!

3 Likes

I will also love to help

3 Likes

I love to help!

3 Likes

Ni! Hm… you can count on me if needed (= .~´

2 Likes

Hi,
I’m willing to help with this.
Thanks,