Anyone else's partners/families/kids coming? Interested in shared activities?

Hi folks going to GOSH 2022 in Panama. I’m hoping to bring one of my kids (age 9) and partner as an opportunity for them to also experience the city.

Is anyone else considering bringing their kids or partners? I don’t think we need a ton of explicit coordination, but it might be nice to get a little email list of partners / family members who may want to go on day trips together or do shared childcare or whatever.

If that’s you, please post who’s coming and what they may be interested in!

My son loves most things, from just swimming in the pool, the canal, the rainforest - I think he’d be game for most things.

3 Likes

I am not brining family, but I want to find people to go on a canal boat trip. As in a one day trip where we go through the locks.

5 Likes

Hope you can find yourself a canal family! Any would be lucky to have you!

1 Like

@julianstirling Count me in for the canal boat trip :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m interested too!
=)

what about jungle time?? how can we fit this in too? Maybe the week/weekend before would be possible?? Andrew, what are your plans??
I will be coming down from California for this trip, because I have a big reunion, on October 15th, so my flights to Panama would be less expensive than the whole ‘coming from Switzerland’ thing…
Maybe, if people are interested, we can have a pre-GOSH jungle gathering? (22-29/30 could be my flights there and back?)?
The other thing I am worried about is in terms of travel only with carry-ons and my plans to do things with our openflexure epi builds (got the first new 20x EpiPlan NeoFluar objective for around 300chf!! not sure this is a good plan to travel with… but can maybe do things at distance with members still in Switzerland?)
Hoping we will get decisions about funding, so it will somehow all be possible for me to join in!
=)

2 Likes

I’m also interested in fun excursions before the meeting!

2 Likes

I’m aiming to arrive 3-4 days early, primarily in hopes of setting up a few camera traps with @hikinghack so that we might have some photos to look at during the Gathering, but also to meet all the wonderful people. Excursions would be cool, and as a non-Spanish speaker, I’d appreciate being in a group with everyone so I’m not totally lost. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Well, as we get closer if anyone is organizing something during the time of please post about it on the forum so we can coordinate. We can’t really come early but would love to have items happening during the event that he could take part in!

3 Likes

Hi, Rachel, and everyone! I would be very interested in jungle time… I kind of remember reading something like that at some point? Like an informal pre-meeting in Gamboa? I would be very happy to be part of that! @hikinghack maybe you can tell me if there is such thing like that or am I just dreaming outloud?
I am arriving on Sunday 23, and would love to dedicate Monday and Tuesday for that, if possible… if not, maybe some daytrips? Definitely the canal boat trip, and more!

4 Likes

Yeah i mentioned before that I will be around gamboa (which is about 30 mins outside the city) the week before the event and that I will be down to hang out with people given the caveat that i will not be available to help plan or make decisions about stuff or do tour guide kinda stuff (already busy setting up the whole event!)

but there are Airbnbs in gamboa and a couple folks who rent rooms you can contact them via

wha a aaaa tttsss appp (Weird dots in numbers to confuse bots)

Tyler:
+50 …7 68…60-85…62

Or Karmir:
+5…07 63 … 93- … 4 …780

also the 24th and 25th me and the working group team will be working to set everything up

1 Like

Thank you very much Andy!
Well, if anyone is interested in something like that, please let me know!

2 Likes

I also plan to arrive early, probably the Saturday or Sunday before the Gathering. And since I don’t speak any Spanish, I’d love to meet up with some of you so I won’t be completely lost and we can move together. :slight_smile:

If we arrive Sunday the 23rd, is that enough time to get to the jungle ?
=)

1 Like

should we try to book an airbnb for 5 or 6 people ? for nights of 23/24th?
=)

1 Like

ok, my flights are set at least… booked 23-30th oct.
As I will arrive very early in the morning on the 24th, hope to join in for a great jungle day/night, before the big fun begins the 25th.
Will check this again later today!
→ not sure if there has there been further progress outside of this thread (sorry for joining in late!), but hope also to have somewhere to sleep the night of the 24th! =)

1 Like

I would love to do the jungle and aba sounds great. I’ll pitch in if you still have room.

1 Like

I hope I’m not being too presumptuous but it looks like we have have a group that are arriving 23rd. Did I miss anyone?

Activities:
-Potential jungle trip.
-Canal boat ride
-Share air-bnb 23/24

Interested folks:
Rachel
julianstirling
hikinghack
shicks
hpy
marbasch
Albercook

Outstanding Questions:
-Details about booking of a Jungle trip.
-Booking and Airbnb.
-Where to meet up.

1 Like

Hey, great!
Andy said:
"Dario booked an airbnb in Gamboa

I am not sure about who is Dario? (sorry Dario if you are there, a lot of info going on in this forum)

Also Andy had suggested this numbers for Airbnb:
Tyler:
+50 …7 68…60-85…62

Or Karmir:
+5…07 63 … 93- … 4 …780

I would gladly do 24 and 25 in the jungle with you!

1 Like

Thanks @Albercook yes I am interested. I am staying at the Holiday Inn near the meeting, but am interested in possible activities!