Speaker on open source medical devices and GOSH Community in Pasadena in Marrch

Hi All

I was contacted by the organisers of | 19x which is

the 19th annual Southern California Linux Expo – it will take place March 3-6, 2022 in Pasadena, CA.
SCaLE is the largest community-run open-source and free software conference in North America. It is held annually in the greater Los Angeles area.

They have a session covering ventilation, respirators, a PAPR, and documentation systems so far:

• Open Medical Track - This track will focus on the presentation of open source medical devices or innovations. Talks in this track should focus how the innovation can be crafted, as well as on the ethical delivery of the innovation to populations in need while maintaining high quality standards.

The organisers are interested in other open hardware e.g. microscopes for medical purposes. While medical hardware is not fully overlapping with science hardware there are lots of similarities and it could be a nice audience to whom GOSH can be introduced. If you can speak on these topics and could be in Pasadena in March (note that I don’t think speaker expenses are covered), let me know and I can link you to the organisers!

Jenny

3 Likes

When do they need to know by. I would be very interested in talking about Open Medical Microscopy and about documentation for it. I would need to see about funding the trip though.

1 Like

@Albercook and @few have done a lot of work with open source covid designs and manufacturing of masks and related, I’m guessing they may be interested tho not sure about where they’ll be in March :slight_smile: