Seeking YOU for my open science publishing focus group

Hello everyone,

As a follow up to my past work, I am conducting online focus groups on behalf of the Octopus platform :octopus:. The goal of Octopus is to encourage openly publishing intermediate steps of research - from research question to results, and everything in between (including hardware!) - while better recognising the division of labour in research.

I’m looking for researchers (broadly-defined) from all backgrounds/disciplines for a 60-minute online focus group, and no knowledge of Octopus is expected or required! During the session, I’ll briefly show you what Octopus is, how it works, and get your initial reactions to it. It’d be great to know how it fits into current research workflows, and more importantly, if it is not useful!

Right now, there are four time slots available (all times in UTC):

(a) 09:00 Friday, 4 August 2023
(b) 14:00 Wednesday, 9 August 2023
(c) 14:00 Monday, 14 August 2023
(d) 14:00 Tuesday, 15 August 2023

If you are willing to participate, please message me here directly, or at my email penyuanhsing [at] posteo [dot] is with the options you’re available for (a, b, c, d). If you’d like to join but those time slots don’t work, please still let me know your availability and I’ll try to fit you into other sessions.

Thank you so much, and please respond with questions/comments! :hearts:

1 Like