Pin me during the gathering if you want to know more.
Immediate opening for Postdoctoral researcher
The Whole Communities Whole Health (WCWH) Grand Challenge at the University of Texas seeks to hire a full-time postdoctoral researcher. WCWH is a project within UT’s Bridging Barriers initiative, an interdisciplinary research effort sponsored by UT’s Office of the Vice President for Research.
WCWH seeks to develop and test an innovative, field-based research and intervention model that leverages advances in environmental sensing, big data analytics, community engagement, and biobehavioral measurements to become the standard for 21st century cohort studies.
Position Description: The postdoctoral researcher will facilitate interactions between the research areas (engineering and social sciences) and identify opportunities and barriers for the disruptive technology needed to support the WCWH vision. The position is affiliated with the Intelligent Environments Laboratory (IEL) in the Department of Civil, Architectural and Environmental
Activities will include:
- (65%) Technology research and development (hardware and software) in collaboration with
graduate and undergraduate students. Activities will include developing and integrating
diverse hardware platforms (e.g., Raspberry Pi devices, hardware sensors). These activities will
also include software development on the diverse platforms and will require integration of
various radio technologies (e.g., Bluetooth, WiFi, etc.).
- (10%) Field deployments of Internet of Things devices and networks. Activities will include
physically deploying devices, ensuring their maintenance, and remotely monitoring them and
- (10%) Serve as the primary liaison between the WCWH leadership, IEL, and the technology
experts at UT Austin as the broader project demands.
- (10%) Identify and lead dissemination and funding efforts of WCWH (publications, grant
- (5%) Support organization and execution of a Workshops & Symposia
- Ph.D. in Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: hardware and software development, Internet
of Things deployment, Human-Computer-Interaction, Big Data Analytics or similar
- Demonstrated ability to work self-driven and independently
- Interest and/or prior experience in working with social sciences is a plus
Position type: Full time
Salary range: $65,000+ commensurate with qualifications
Starting date: immediate
Prof. Dr. Zoltan Nagy http://nagy.caee.utexas.edu
301 E Dean Keeton St Stop C1700 email@example.com
Austin, TX, 78712