May 2022 GOSH Community Call: Presentations from Creative Innovation Center (C.I.C), and GOSH Council Member Pen on open source enhancements to wildlife camera traps

Hi everyone!

The next GOSH community call will be on 16 May from 13:00 - 14:00 UTC! The call will feature a presentation from Creative Innovation Center (C.I.C) and GOSH Council Member @hpy who will discuss open source enhancements to wildlife camera traps. There will also be time at the end for community updates!

Be sure to register in advance for the call here.

Want to know more about the community calls? You can read more about them here. The calls are also available on the GOSH community calendar. I’ll share an agenda for the call in the coming weeks!

More information on the presentations:

Creative Innovation Center (C.I.C): The projects that Creative Innovation Center (C.I.C) is working on are; 1. Automatic hand washing facility 2. Security alarm system 3. Home automation. The automatic handwashing facility is to promote health and sanitation in the community. We wish to provide them to schools and hospitals as well this would help in promoting hygiene. The security alarm system helps to reduce the crime rate in the community meanwhile the home automation is to ease switching devices on and off in a building which saves time. These kinds of technologies help to inspire youths who are not exposed to pick interest in technology and creativity.

Adding depth-sensing to camera traps to transform wildlife monitoring for conservation: @hpy will provide an overview of the role of camera traps for wildlife/biodiversity conservation, the current limitations of the technology in theory and practice, and an idea for open source hardware enhancements to advance the state of the art.

Thanks!
Bri

3 Likes

Hi everybody!

A reminder that the next GOSH Community Call is next week! Join us on 16 May at 13:00 UTC for presentations from Creative Innovation Center (C.I.C) and GOSH Council Member @hpy! I am sharing an agenda for the call below:

Agenda

• Welcome & Participation Guidelines
  • Presentation 1: Adding depth-sensing to camera traps to transform wildlife monitoring for conservation, by @hpy
  • Presentation 2: Creative Innovation Center (C.I.C)
  • Time for discussion and remaining community updates
  • Adjourn

You can join the call by registering in advance here. There is also a notes document for the calls.

Find out more about the GOSH community calls here, and the calls are also available on the GOSH community calendar.:slight_smile:

See you soon!

-Bri

2 Likes

Hi all! A reminder that the next community call is starting soon, at 13:00 UTC today! You can register/join via this link.

1 Like

Hi everyone!

Thanks to everyone who joined this week’s community call! We had two fantastic presentations, and I will share the links to the recordings of each one below:

Presentation 1: Depth-sensing camera traps by @hpy
Presentation 2: Creative Innovation Center (C.I.C)

You can also see the notes that were taken here. For those interested in contacting C.I.C, you can reach them via email here!

Thanks!
Bri

1 Like

Hi again all!

I am sharing some images and videos that were featured in the Creative Innovation Center (C.I.C.) presentation.

You can find the photos and videos in this folder. The photos were taken during C.I.C’s outreach to the community on hardware science, and show community members working on various projects that have encouraged and inspired many youths to love hardware. The folder also includes video demonstrations of the projects mentioned during the presentation, which I will include below as well:

Thanks to C.I.C for sharing these images and videos, be sure to check them out!!

-Bri

2 Likes