July 2022 GOSH Community Call: Presentation from Seeed Studio, Community Updates, and More!

The next GOSH community call will be on 18 July from 9:00 – 10:00 UTC! The call will feature a presentation from Seeed Studio, with time at the end for community updates!

Be sure to register in advance for the call here.

Want to know more about the community calls? You can read more about them here. The calls are also available on the GOSH community calendar.

More information on the presentation:

Seeed Studio (Presented by Ye Seong Shin): The presentation will provide an introduction to Seeed Studio (aka IoT hardware manufacturer, open-source hardware manufacturer), and discuss Seeed Studio’s open innovation competition for environmental, wildlife, and biodiversity conservation, including open science tools: IoT Into the Wild Contest for Sustainable Planet 2022. It will also discuss Seeed Studio’s SDG (Sustainable Development Goals – the UN’s 2030 Agenda) projects in the past and present.

Image Credit: Gathering for Open Science Hardware

2 Likes

Hi everybody!

A reminder that we have a GOSH Community Call next week! Join us on 18 July at 9:00 UTC for a presentation from @yeseong.shin on Seeed Studio!

I am sharing an agenda for the call below:

Agenda

• Welcome & Participation Guidelines
  • Presentation: Seeed Studio (Presented by @yeseong.shin)
  • Time for discussion and remaining community updates
  • Adjourn

You can join the call by registering in advance here.The calls are also available on the GOSH community calendar :slight_smile:

There is also a notes document for the calls.

I look forward to seeing some of you at the call next week!

-Bri

2 Likes

Hi all! The July GOSH Community Call starts in less than 30 minutes, at 9am UTC!

Come join us for an awesome presentation from @yeseong.shin on Seeed Studio! Just be sure to register here before joining the meeting :slight_smile:

Look forward to seeing some of you soon!
-Bri

Hi again everyone! I wanted to share the recording and notes from today’s Community Call. A special thank you to our presenter @yeseong.shin!

You can watch Ye Seong’s presentation on Seeed Studio here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12TLIvX58_8

You can also access the slides she used in the presentation, and view the notes taken during the meeting. If you’d like to access the Shenzhen Maker Faire video (with audio) that was shared during the presentation you can do so here.

Community Updates Shared During the Call

• From Bri: The 2022 AfricaOSH Summit applications are open. The Summit will take place from September 29th to October 1st at MboaLab, in Yaounde-Cameroon. The deadline to submit applications is on the 31st of July. Apply here:
    AfricaOSH Summit Application
  • From @hpy: The GOSH Council will start working on a “wish list” of different community needs that can be shared back with the GOSH 501c3 nonprofit. Be on the lookout for more updates soon!
2 Likes

Thank you @briannaljohns for organising today’s call and special thanks to @yeseong.shin for the comprehensive update about Seeed Studio! :clap: I definitely encourage the wider GOSH community to watch the recording from today’s Community Call.

2 Likes

Thank you so much @briannaljohns and @hpy for joining the call! I can’t wait to work together with GOSH Community members on scaling up open science projects/tools/prototypes! :smiley:

2 Likes