Introduce yourself!

Hello Everyone I am pollard and I have just joined this forum from United States

2 Likes

Hey Everyone,

Itā€™s a pleasure to be surrounded by so many awesome and curious individuals. Iā€™m a recent Phd grad from the university of Ottawa in cell biology. Since graduating, I started my own company called Incuvers. We build incubation systems with an integrated time lapse imaging system that allows users to get live visualization and analytics of their cell cultures (phone or desktop). The idea of the Incuvers platform is that as people start collecting and sharing data, we can begin analytically comparing peopleā€™s cell growth in real time, giving them feedback how their cells compare to the rest of the scientific community in real time. And the best part about all this is that our software is OPEN SOURCE! Our PCB board allows users to connect to it, and run their own scripts for whatever sensors or other they want. check it out www.incuvers.com. Iā€™m looking to explore the future of open source biology with everyone at the Toronto conference. What this truly means, and the possibilities and partnerships that can flourish from having so many curious people in the same room. Alsoā€¦ beeeeerrrr. I look forward to meeting you all

2 Likes

My name is Olumuyiwa Omole from Nigeria.

I am an engineer, educator, and writer. My major focus is on the use of technologies like 3D Printing and Robotics to aid educational delivery in Nigeria/Africa.

I am currently designing an educational intervention programme for unreached and underserved communities in Nigeria through alternative education and disruptive technologies.

4 Likes

Nice to meet you here again after very long time am grateful.

1 Like

Hello everyone call me wafela Andrew (Dr device), Uganda greatful to meet you here ,I am a hardware and repair expert with an experience of over 20yrs, joined open source of recent and my GitHub name is Chardso.
We can collaborate to create change for generations to follow .
My struggle after joining open source can be envidenced here>>> chardso (Wafela Andrew ) Ā· GitHub

Can join me for critical making mentorship which started on 7.sept.2022 and the next is on 22.sept.2022 from 3:00pm - 5:30 EAT.

https://wikifactory.com/+criticalmaking/a-diy-amplifier-building

1 Like

MacCarthy
Hello AfricaOSH participants,
I am Courage MacCarthy Vuvor from Ghana. Currently I am Veterinary/Animal Scientist at the Ministry of Food and Agriculture (Wenchi Agricultural College-Bono Region). I have interest in Nutritional Physiology of Animals and Humans and also the production and health of animals. I look forward to have a good time and also make good friends and connections for my future development. thanks

3 Likes

Hey everyone
I am NANJE PATRICK ITARNGOH from Cameroon and I am presently a PhD student of physics in the university of Buea. I am working on wind power assessment using the maximum entropy formulation that can help predict quantitative wind power even at very low wind spend. So general we wish to calculate the wind power we can get from areas of very low wind speed.
I am also the founder of the Science Education Center where we encourage young Cameroonians to be engaged in STEM education a very tender ages.

3 Likes

Hello,
My name is James Arthur from Ghana. I look forward to participating in this yearā€™s summit.
Nice meeting a fellow Ghanaian here

1 Like

Hello,
My name is James Arthur from Ghana.
I hold a Bachelors Degree in Health Services Administration and Psychology from the University of Ghana and I look forward to beginning my postgraduate studies in Public Health in October, this year.
I am currently undergoing my houseman job as a health service administrator at the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital, Ghana.
However, I am very passionate about the use of modern technologies in improving the health systems of low and middle-income countries.

I look forward to participating in this yearā€™s summit.

2 Likes

Hello I have a degree in industrial engineering and have plans to fabricate affordable farm tractors and farm implements for small holder farms.

3 Likes

hi @Adam1x
take a look at Lā€™Atelier Paysan

Hello everyone. I am Sophie from Cameroon, a STEM advocate. I have been passionately teaching girls hands-on digital skills via project-based and mentoring programs in Cameroon aimed at narrowing the gender tech gap.
Sophie founded the Center for Youth Education and Economic Development (CYEED) founded in 2010 in Bamenda where she champions ICT capacity building of youth and digital literacy for girls and runs mentorship programs and advocacy campaigns to attract and retain girls in to STEM fields.
I have firsthand experience of the sad and devastating situation of two unprecedented internet shutdowns in Northwest and South West Regions of Cameroon in 2017, making her become more meaningfully advocating for internet rights in Africa; engaging government officials and stakeholders to address internet connectivity and the crises that arise from blocked communication.

Please what are your suggestions or ideas to fix the no internet problem in Cameroon.

1 Like

Hello Everyone!

On my way to Yaounde. I am Urs Gaudenz, founder of GaudiLabs in Switzerland (www.gaudi.ch), the open source hardware company that makes PocketPCR, OpenDrop and OpenTheremin. Active in the global biohacking network Hackteria since many years. Now working with @FranQuero Fran, @Hail_Harry @jcm80 and the GlobalLAMP network on Decentralized Nucleic Acid Amplification Tests. We are building open qLAMP and qPCR machines and tests. After a successful collaboration week in Paris this year we are now joining some days earlier at MboaLab to continue the work (join). We hope to present new results at AfricaOSH.

Looking forward to seeing you all!
Urs

2 Likes

We need to promote community networks.

I ma the founder of ANASTA Hub.
Since Feb 16, 2021, ANASTA Hub has also been recognized as a Peacebuilding maker space by DefyHateNow. As the Anglophone crisis in ongoing in Cameroon since 2016, the ANASTA Hub carries peacebuilding activities to enhance social cohesion between Anglophones and Francophones. So, they can interact and collaborate in harmony and peace while transforming communities away from violence towards positive mindset.

ANASTA Hub was officially opened in Jan 2021 and itā€™s called a Peacebuilding Makerspace dedicated to promoting peace through digital skills, social innovation, dialogue, community-based education and collaboration at the service of common good.

ANASTA Hub is an initiative that helps our local economy, as a community digital innovation hub for local smart production, it promotes sustainable solutions through the promotion of new digital technologies and by reducing the barriers to equipment access for the local population for the production of digital services needed in the community.