Introduce yourself!

I am Gilbert Arinda, Programs Manager at Hive Colab (Tech innovation and incubation Hub) in Kampala, Uganda. I am also an innovator and currently pursuing my MBA at Makerere University Business School. I am passionate about disruptive innovations and technology, and of recent hardware and IoT. I look forward to seeing you all in Kumasi !!

2 Likes

Hi Everyone,

My name is Babasile Daniel. I am a PhD candidate at the University of the Federal Armed Forces in Hamburg Germany. I am also one of the managers of the fabrication (FabLab) facility on campus, as well as the founder of GreenLab Microfactory in Nigeria. Like most of the participants, I am mostly passionate about creating a sustainable economy through disruptive and grassroots innovation in Nigeria and Africa as a whole. Therefore, being invited to this initiative is a great privilege.

Looking forward to meeting and collaborating with you all.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Hello everyone my name is Badisa Ntlape from Botswana, ĆÆ am the founder of One Two Adventure Club (OTAC) , i hold Diploma in NGO Management from University of Botswana and post graduate Diploma In Humanitarian Assistant from Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, currently i am part of organising team for International Development Design Summit( IDDS) that Will take place june this year .[details=Summary]:blush:[/details]

2 Likes

Hello Everyone,

My name is Stanley, a Network Solutions Engineer from Nigeria. I also volunteer with JA Nigeria for the JA Be Entrepreneurial program where I teach young students Entrepreneurship. Iā€™m keenly interested in developing solutions that will ameliorate living conditions in Africa which is why Iā€™m attending this Summit. Iā€™m very delighted at this opportunity and look forward to sharing, learning and building strong networks.

2 Likes

Hello Everyone !

Alexander M. Flomo from Monrovia, Liberia. A Youth Activist, Humanitarian, Technologist and Videographer.

Studied Engineering Construction Technicality at the Hunan Vocational Training Institute in Lushan, Hunan Province, China.
Currently Studies Information Technology at the Starz College of Science and Technology.

Presently serving as the Coordinator of Leading The Future - LEAF : A campus based technology oriented non-profitable club that is highly geared towards enhancing the potentials of young leaders, and also creating them the meaningful platforms to share positive and essential ideas.

As every young person in this well meaning forum, it has always been a great pleasure for me, serving, educating and learning from young people ranging from diverse backgrounds.
#HappyToBeHere

3 Likes

Hello Everyone!
Iā€™m glad and honoured to be on-board on this forum with all the great minds here. I am Victoria Ituma, an electrical/electronics engineering graduate from the University of Benin, Nigeria. I do volunteer to teach and mentor secondary school students on STEM(Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics) under the umbrella of WAAW (Working to Advance the African Woman) Foundation where I am currently the chapter lead of my University and Django Girls (programming). I am currently working on a renewable energy project. I am also an entrepreneur whoā€™s interested in the industrial(technology-wise) and educational sector most especially inaugurating tech practically.
Without doubt, I am so confident that this platform would be of so much value to my course.

3 Likes

Hello All,

I am a dynamic, young, research-driven and intellectual physics graduate using my training as a physicist toward the development, attainment and sustenance of corporate goals and objectives.

I currently lecture in a Nigerian University and also pursuing my doctorate degree with a focus on Medical Physics. My research lies at the intersect of technology, science and medicine.

I do hope to share my scientific thoughts with all participants and also learn/collaborate with you to collectively improve and develop the African Community.

Cheers!!!

3 Likes

Hi Everyone,

My name is Andrew Mark from Nairobi, Kenya. I am a BSCs graduate in Computer Science. Currently I work in the research division of a multinational company in the ML & AI docket across financial and health institutions.
I have interests in the maker system with a focus on embedded systems, Infosec and Fintech based applications.

3 Likes

Hi am Hassan from Somalia, currently live in Mogadishu Somali, master degree of business administration from Malaysia, now am working with ministry of youth and sports Somalia particularly youth department my position is youth development director

2 Likes

Prince Bonney is a Social and Technology Entrepreneur who has set up a Technology and Business Hub called ICODE in Takoradi which is the first ever tech hub in the region . ICODE is an organisation which seeks to support tech and creative start-ups community by providing the necessary resources to drive innovation in Ghana towards the broader agenda or creating sustainable inclusive growth by fostering competitiveness and promoting entrepreneurship.Prince Bonney is a certified Feasible business developer from the school of Babson Business College.Prince Bonney holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Information Technology from Ghana Technology University College. As a young Tech Entrepreneur, Prince Bonney built the Icode with a lot of mentoringfrom iSpace founders. What started out of his interest to promote technology among young people in the Sekondi Takoradi Metropolis has evolved into a startup. As a young graduate, Prince with the support of his family was able to get some funds to start the ICODE co-working space. He and his team are the first to bring the idea of co-working space in the region. Prince wants to run a sustainable and welcoming coworking space for folks in the community who want to work out of home in an affordable, well-run and productive environment. He has served as mentor for a lot of robotic competitions among senior high school students. looking to give the opportunity to grow through capacity building programs, enabling a platform for opportunities and providing jobs for members where possible. The main goal is to create an enabling environment for these members to build startups, expand their reach and even go on to employ more youth in the community. He was won the admiration of both young and old in Takoradi. He has served as a speaker at Barcamp Takoradi, one of the annual Barcamp event organised by Ghana Think Foundation. He recently served as a mentor for the Archbishop Porter Girls School Robotics Team during the Ghana Technology Summit at the Kofi Annan Centre for Innovation and Technology . With sponsorship from MTN and other partners, the space runs on a good internet connection to help them do great work. Prince himself has been involved in some great work in the community towards capacity building. In September this year, he, with support from a few organisations run a Foundersā€™ Day program on Volunteering for some 500+ youth in the Dixcove community. He is still looking forward to help contrbute to buidling the tech ecosystem in Takoradi despite the realisation that most young people are more interested in entertainment and fashion.

3 Likes

Hi Ethredah. Very happy to read you.
Iā€™ll be very glad to discuss about your program with you
Thanks

4 Likes

Hello AfricaOSH folks,
My names are Jaiksana Jackson, one of the early jHUB pioneers in Juba, South Sudan - the first tech innovation hub in Juba that later developed to a network of organizations and tech spaces in south sudan and beyond (refugee camps) working to step up actions for community empowermentā€¦ Participating in a series of hub development and open tech workshops with the jHUB community, I helped develop an ā€˜Open Hardware Guideā€™ to accompany #ASKotek; the ā€˜Access to to Skills and Knowledge Open Tech Emergency Kitā€™, both of which are hands-on resources for community trainers, created for mobile field-use where there is neither easy power nor internet connectivity.

4 Likes

Hello Everyone !
I am very happy to be with you. I am AlbƩric AZONGANHOUE, student in Statistics and Probability in Benin.
Lover of open science concept, I militate in Open Science Club of Parakou (in Benin) in order to promote this concept. I hope, I can learned more on Open science with you. Thanks and talk to you soon !!!

4 Likes

Hi,everyone, my name is DAIRO, Opeyemi Oluseyi, a Nigerian, I am a young Researcher and I love researching about how ICT can better the life of people i n my community and my nation as a whole.
I studied Computer Science and I hv also presented paper in an international conference and am still making some researches on the ICT.

3 Likes

Hello Everyone,

My name is Okezie Precious from Nigeria. I hold a masters degree in Educational psychology. I am enormously passionate about clear cognitive components using hardware synergy to enhance quick learning and self exploration of talents of the foundation phase child to ascertain a gradual transition of alpha development in the mental state of the African child.

I am so excited about GOSH. See you in Ghana.

3 Likes

Hi everyone, My name is Olachi Opara, Iā€™m from Nigeria, I work as a lecturer of German and French languages, Iā€™m a visual artist, an environmental enthusiast and co-founder of Sort At Source a start-up limited by guarantee NGO that deals with waste management and recycling in Nigeria. I am passionate about sustainable developmental issues in Africa especially if it has to do with the environment. Iā€™m grateful for this opportunity.

3 Likes

Hello Africa OSH participants !
My name is OBAME Yves ValĆ©ry, I am a teacher in the Government Teacherā€™s Training College (GTTC) in Cameroon. Member of the Cameroon Laboratory for Studies and Research on Contemporary Societies (CERESC) of the University of Yaounde I in which I am currently a Ph. D candidate in sociology. I am very interested in the perspectives offered by Open Science in general and more specifically by the open educational practices that I promote and implement on a daily basis with my students through my teaching and the exchanges I have with them. I wish the best to this first incredible african summit !!!

Best,

2 Likes

Hi everybody iā€™m Ousia A. Foli-Bebe; Founder / Maker from EcoTecLab ( fb.me/ecoteclab ) a Maker-space in LomĆ© - Togo.
We do prototyping, Making Workshops and many kind of making activities among which the Molab Project (a STEAM Mobile laboratory) of the US Embassy Togo that we have designed and realized.
Nice to meet you all.

4 Likes

Hi Everyone, My Name is Nkasi from Nigeria. I work with the Partners for Peace. We explore the use of technology and data for conflict prevention and mitigation,

3 Likes

Hi Everyone.

I am an Organic Geochemist with bias for Environmental Geochemistry, from Nigeria. I Shall be coming to Kumasi for this expectedly interesting discussion and engagement on open science. I am a strong advocate of open science; and I have been involved in a number of initiatives on open science. I am looking forward to meeting a number of us.

2 Likes