This thread is for the candidate statement of the 2023 GOSH Community Council Election candidate Lee Wilkins (@leeborg). Lee, you can reply to this post with your candidate statement. I have included the candidate statement template below for your reference:
2023 GOSH Community Council Election Candidate Statement Template
1. Candidate Name:
2. Please provide a short biography, and describe some of your participation and contributions in the GOSH community (approximately 3-5 sentences):
3. Please provide a position statement (approximately 3-5 sentences) indicating why you are running for Community Council, your priorities for the community, and what you hope to achieve:
4. Tell us how your experience, skills, and/or qualifications allow for effectively serving and governing communities (approximately 2-3 sentences):
5. Please detail which of the eight existing Community Council governance domain(s) you are interested in taking on (this does not have to be a firm commitment), plus what you would like to do within that domain(s). (approximately 2-3 sentences)
6. Please confirm that you are able and willing to participate in regularly scheduled council meetings at least twice a month.