GOSH 2023 Election Candidate Statement: Dauda Mustapha

This thread is for the candidate statement of the 2023 GOSH Community Council Election candidate Dauda Mustapha (@Tapha). Dauda, you can reply to this post with your candidate statement. I have included the candidate statement template below for your reference:

2023 GOSH Community Council Election Candidate Statement Template

1. Candidate Name:

2. Please provide a short biography, and describe some of your participation and contributions in the GOSH community (approximately 3-5 sentences):

3. Please provide a position statement (approximately 3-5 sentences) indicating why you are running for Community Council, your priorities for the community, and what you hope to achieve:

4. Tell us how your experience, skills, and/or qualifications allow for effectively serving and governing communities (approximately 2-3 sentences):

5. Please detail which of the eight existing Community Council governance domain(s) you are interested in taking on (this does not have to be a firm commitment), plus what you would like to do within that domain(s). (approximately 2-3 sentences)

6. Please confirm that you are able and willing to participate in regularly scheduled council meetings at least twice a month.

1 Like

1. Candidate Name:
Dauda Mustapha

2. Please provide a short biography, and describe some of your participation and contributions in the GOSH community (approximately 3-5 sentences):
I am an engineer, inventor and an innovator who loves hardware by heart. I have deep passion for innovation and open hardware, due to this i have kept myself busy to build a large community of makers by bringing together hardware enthusiast, engineers, students, and the general public under one umbrella where we can meet collaborate to build solutions to basic challenges we face.

3. Please provide a position statement (approximately 3-5 sentences) indicating why you are running for Community Council, your priorities for the community, and what you hope to achieve:

4. Tell us how your experience, skills, and/or qualifications allow for effectively serving and governing communities (approximately 2-3 sentences):

I am running for a position in the GOSH community council because i want to increase my contribution to the open science movement from the current stage i am to greater heights.

Am a graduate holding a degree in Biomedical Engineering with skills in most engineering fields such as electronics, renewable energy and design engineering. i have been working in Makerspaces for the past five years, whiles engaging with the general public helping to facilitate various sessions in open science.

5. Please detail which of the eight existing Community Council governance domain(s) you are interested in taking on (this does not have to be a firm commitment), plus what you would like to do within that domain(s). (approximately 2-3 sentences)

With the interest and focus in building a community of makers by bringing together hardware enthusiast, Engineers, Students and everyone person interested in science, i would like to Join the Gathering/Event community

6. Please confirm that you are able and willing to participate in regularly scheduled council meetings at least twice a month.
I confirm my active participation in all regularly scheduled council meetings.

2 Likes