Fab24 Mexico FABRICATING EQUITY

This happens August 3-9, Puebla, Mexico. Anyone participating in the Fab Lab International Conference and Fab City Summit?

The call for Research Papers is still open until June 30th.

Similar to the previous Fab23 Bhutan Challenge, I’ll be part of the FabCity Challenge but this time taking on “BiodiverCities: Reinventing boundaries in coexistence”. My approach to this is “citizen science” inspired of course by the many GOSH ideas, projects, and people so I will be looking to link up people and networks through related projects where possible.

There’s also the FabCity Summit Yucatan event happening soon after 10-15 August.

Please do reply with ideas, suggestions, potential link-ups, and of course if you’re joining any of the events I’d love to meet you over Mexican coffee.

3 Likes

Thanks so much for sharing, this is amazing ! I will def submit something because it would be a great opportunity to continue my research with sessions on AIFutures sharing my OpenScienceHardware provotypes to discuss the futures we want ! I would love to connect and see if we could perhaps work on something together also in the time towards the event ? As part of my research/work I am looking how we can do better with engaging and sharing knowledge with communities who are not involved but directly impacted by AI innovations, and OScH can help with this ! I’ve done some prep work in Mexico and would love to come back and do some more . Best Freyja

2 Likes

Hi, just arrived to FAB24 in Puebla, would love to meet up with any GOSHers here! My panel is Wednesday at 11am.

2 Likes

I would love to see further involvement of locals.

1 Like

Hi, I’m from Yucatan, I was at the Fab City Summit and I had cochinita tacos with you at the hacienda @saadcaffeine. I just saw your profile picture and I recognized you.

1 Like

So, we won the Fab24 Challenge! There are several community groups already doing wonderful work with citizen science, the winning proposal we developed is a moving micro-museum called “Mobio”. Features digitally fabricated microscopes, a data collecting device, and other fun ways to engage with community groups around Biodiversity. See more in the video here and feel free to Message me or reply here if you’d like me to connect you with folks in Monterrey or those part of the Challenge team.

5 Likes

was nice to met you! I miss the tacos…

2 Likes

Hello! Thanks for sharing the video. I couldn’t go to Puebla, but here in Yucátan, I received the Future Fabrics team from Fabricademy, who went to Bhutan last year. I received them a week before Puebla and the Fab City project the following week. It was a pleasure meeting you, I thought you were from Puebla hehe. Let’s see if we see each other next year in the Czech Republic and we already know a little Czech. hehe Greetings. Alex

1 Like

Wow congrats @saadcaffeine and team!

1 Like

Yes, also congratulations on the award!

1 Like