Cohort 1 - Mentors introduction

Hi everyone!

We are going to use this forum thread to introduce the mentors of Open Hardware Makers - Cohort 1.

Please share with us your name, a little about yourself and why you joined Open Hardware Makers.

3 Likes

hi Mentors!
Great to see you here :slight_smile:

Here is a small personal website with a bit more information about me: https://amchagas.github.io

4 Likes

Hello. It’s Dennis Yaskevich
you can check my Linkedin
https://www.linkedin.com/in/denisplinsboorg/

6 Likes

Hello everybody!

I’m Alex and I’ll keep this as a placeholder to fill with more information about myself later :wink:

4 Likes

Hello, I’m Maxime
Got a PhD in neuroscience from the University of Sussex, now a research bioengineer at Pasteur Institute in Paris.
OSH enthusiast and fighting everyday to introduce more open practices into daily research routines.
Glad to sit on this first OHM cohort

5 Likes

Hi all! I’m Emilio Velis. I am based in San Salvador, El Salvador. I am the executive director for Appropedia Foundation which focuses on appropriate technology and sustainable development. I’ve been part of the open hardware ecosystem for a few years, so I’m super excited to be part of this program!

5 Likes

Hey, this is Amitrakshar Sanyal. You can read about me here: https://amitrakshar01.github.io/

6 Likes

Hi all,

I’m Mathew Lubari a South Sudanese refugee living in Rhino Camp Refugee Settlement in Uganda, I’m the founder and Executive Director for Community Creativity For Development (CC4D), I’m also a fixer.
Find the work I do here: Community Creativity For Development - CC4D

6 Likes

Hello everyone. I am Artemis, currently doing (or finishing) my PhD in neuroscience in Ulm, Germany. I am also working with TReND in Africa as the alumni coordinator. I really support OSH, but since I am crap at creating things, I thought being a mentor is my way of contributing to the community :grin:

8 Likes

Hey Folk, I am Julien :blonde_man:t2:. Open science enthusiast, former behavioural neurogeneticist, research data manager, got into hardware a bit by accident.

6 Likes

Sanli Faez, Assistant professor of Physics at Utrecht University, The Netherlands.

enthusiastic about hardware and podcasts, radical of some sort.

6 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m Louise. I am an Open Science advocate at DANS (Data Archiving and Networked Services) in the Netherlands. I do a lot of work on Open Science - particularly Open Data - but have been part of GOSH and AfricaOSH for a few years.

7 Likes

Hello everyone :slight_smile: I’m Barbora, I’m part of the core team of the openUC2 project (useetoo.org) and I’m right now finishing my PhD on the educational application of our toolbox at the Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Germany.

7 Likes

Hi all,

I’m Mathew Lubari a South Sudanese refugee living in Rhino Camp Refugee Settlement,

I’m a fixer, Maker and I love promoting the Open Source.

looking forward to socializing with you here!

5 Likes

Hi All! I’m Cesar, based in the UK. General maker and tinkerer as a hobby and product development for a living. Love IoT, virtual environments, home automation and solving problems in the real world by using technology.

5 Likes

Hello everyone! I’m Adel from Barcelona, Spain. I’m a systemic design researcher, alumna of FabLab Barcelona, and a very recent ‘graduate’ of the Open Life Science program. I joined OHM because I want to pass on the experience I got through OLS, and because I really miss the Makers community!

5 Likes

Hi everyone! I’m Antonio Anaya, DevOps at The Internet of Production Alliance. I’m originally from south-east Mexico, I’ve been in Europe and the Middle-East collaborating to different programs like Field Ready and American Spaces. Most of my experiences are related to agriculture, technology and education. I’m glad to share this experience with you all! :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi all, I am Solomon. I am a mechatronics engineer specializing on in demand CNC machines and emobility hardware and software.

2 Likes

Hi Emilio! Great to see you here! I was on your session at MozFest last week =D

1 Like

Hey folks! I’m Gracielle (she/her) and I’m from Brazil, currently based in Vancouver, Canada. I’m a theoretical ecologist turned into open science mentor at UBC.

4 Likes