Cohort 1 - Mentors introduction

Hello Everyone.

My name is Ronald Tsatsi, I am the Makerspace Lead at iZonehub Zimbabwe. In my role as makerspace lead I thrive to promote the use of tech to solve community problems in a sustainable way. I am so excited to be part of the program. Looking forward to working with you all as we get to share ideas!

3 Likes

Hello @amchagas @jarancio
I looked at the menteesā€™ introduction and the projects that we have for the first cohort.
Iā€™m gladly surprised by the quality of the projects.
What are the next steps? How are we going to match mentor-mentee pairs, and when does the cohort start?

1 Like

hi Dennis,

thanks for the feedback on the menteesā€™ projects :slight_smile:

When we first announced the selected projects, they had already been partnered up with mentors. This time around. due to time constraints, the OHM organizers (Alex, Julieta and me) did the pairing, but in future cohorts this will most likely be done with more input from mentors, in a more collaborative effort.

The cohort has already started, and mentee are going to have their first cohort calls this week.

(I can send you more details on a private message if you would like to participate on the calls)

2 Likes

Hello, Iā€™m Barbara. I coordinate the Internet of Production Alliance who among other things are the stewards of the Open Know-How data standard for documentation and design that I hope all of the OHM projects will use (Nudge: hereā€™s the manifest builder). Iā€™ve also spent many years with Libraries Without Borders looking at solutions for access to information especially in contexts where access to electricity and internet are challenging (using sd cards, offline servers, and non tech as well!).

3 Likes