Candidate Statement: Valerian Linus Sanga

This thread is for the candidate statement of 2022 GOSH Community Council Election candidate Valerian Linus Sanga (@valerian). Valerian, you can reply to this post with your candidate statement. I have included the candidate statement template below for your reference:

2022 GOSH Community Council Election Candidate Statement Template

Candidate Name:

Please provide a short biography, and describe some of your participation and contributions in the GOSH community (3-5 sentences):

Please provide a position statement (5-7 sentences), indicating why you are running for Community Council, your priorities for the community, and what you hope to achieve:

1 Like

Candidate Name: Valerian Linus Sanga

Please provide a short biography, and describe some of your participation and contributions in the GOSH community (3-5 sentences):
I am the Co-Founder and CEO of Bongo Tech and Research Labs (formerly STICLab), with a background in Computer Engineering. I am an Executive Board Member of AfricaOSH, organized and hosted the 2nd AfricaOSH Summit in Dar-es-Salaam under STICLab, and participated in the 1st AfricaOSH Summit in Kumasi - Ghana, and GOSH Summit in Shenzhen - China. I am the designer and developer of the sangaboard motor controller, the Open Source hardware that supports the operation of the OpenFlexure 3D printed Microscope. In late 2021, I Co-Founded the Tanzania Open Science Hardware (TanzaniaOSH), a platform aiming to pick up the conversation from the AfricaOSH summits, GOSH, and other relevant OSH summits, towards creating local solutions that can transform the community we live in.

Please provide a position statement (5-7 sentences), indicating why you are running for Community Council, your priorities for the community, and what you hope to achieve:
Someone nominated me, thanks to him/her/them for his/her/their trust and belief in my capabilities as well as my engagement in the OSH Community. I do agree to run for the Community Council since I do believe that, this is an opportunity to transform GOSH as well as bring more African inclusion in the community. Utilizing GOSH resources, we can easily offer access to the expertise within to most African members using both AfricaOSH and TanzaniaOSH as a bridge. I really hope to see OSH technologies and knowledge is well utilized and disseminated fullest towards realizing local needs across the globe.

3 Likes