Candidate Statement: Saad Chinoy

This thread is for the candidate statement of 2021 GOSH Community Council Election candidate Saad Chinoy (@saadcaffeine). Saad, you can reply to this post with your candidate statement. I have included the candidate statement template below for your reference:

2021 GOSH Community Council Election Candidate Statement Template

Candidate Name:

Please provide a short biography, and describe some of your participation and contributions in the GOSH community (3-5 sentences):

Please provide a position statement (5-7 sentences), indicating why you are running for Community Council, your priorities for the community, and what you hope to achieve:

Candidate statements do not have to be in English. For more information on the Candidate Statement’s category, please read the about post pinned to this category.

1 Like

Saad Chinoy

Just another geek; caffeine inspired, maker of makerspaces.

• Introduced to GOSH 2018 Shenzhen (Mindblown)

With GOSHers in

• AfricaOSH, Tanzania
  • 35c3 and CCCamp, Germany
  • Dinacon: Julian of the Jungle, Panama

Bio
Based in Singapore I initiated the experimental (sometimes yummy) EdibleMakerspace, SalvageGarden Assistive Tech Makerspace at EngineeringGood, and work for the PtoatoProductions media group as Chief Geek for SpudnikLab.
While humans are discouraged from international travel, I continue to serve as member of the Board for the Global Innovation Gathering, and most recently, the Strategic Advisory Board for r0g_agency for open culture & critical transformation.

Position
I see potential in furthering the GOSH manifesto with projects and engagement through makerspaces in Southeast Asia. With the ongoing global pandemic having elevated scientists, geeks, and makers to a whole new level of appreciation I feel this potential is primed for realisation through regional and global collaboration. My areas of interest are in accessibility (assistive or otherwise) of science, tech, art, and learning by doing, and doing with others.

#weAreWhatWeCreateTogether :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Can confirm:

4 Likes

awesome!