Anyone enjoy cleaning up python code?

We are preparing the globally release all the docs for the Mothbox! Which is fun and exciting!

I’ve been writing computer code for a long time now, but I’m pretty much self-taught, and a quick sloppy hacker who works manically to try to get things working. And it tends to work out, BUT it might not be the nicest code and stuff to read through. Also there are certain stylistic ways that people document code that I am not the best at. (and like you will see i have tabs AND spaces randomly!). I know AI is pretty good at cleaning up code, but I am a bit scared it’s gonna do some weird shit. Also It’s just a great idea to have someone else look through my code!

SO: do you have experience cleaning up code? Want to scour my python code written for a raspberry pi for me in the next week or two? mostly the code in the top level here

If the answer is yes, hit me up, and Ill decide on someone, and I might even be able to get you a big of $$ for your effort!

Also if you know of anything like fiverrr but where you can just hire code junkies for little tasks like this, that could be useful too!

Thanks for your help!

3 Likes

Hi @hikinghack excited to see this coming along.

FYI. This is not an endorsement (or anti-endorsement!), but I’m aware that Upwork has Python developers for hire on what looks like an hourly basis:

https://www.upwork.com/hire/python-developers/

1 Like

I may be able to help with the code clean up, depending on time scales and what you want cleaned.

First off have you been using a linter? I find that wanging the code through PyLint or similar finds loads of possible bugs and other issues. We can fairly easily set up a GitHub action to do some basic code quality checking, so that as the project progress past the first release it will auto check the code for certain issues (this obviously doesn’t replace a human in the loop).

2 Likes