"Wireless Digital Stethoscope" - Mentor meetings notes

This thread will be used to document the exchanges between mentor & mentee of the project Wireless Digital Stethoscope, @Elja.

After each meeting you can add your notes as a reply to this thread, so you can have all your notes in one place. Remember the forum is a public place, don’t document any personal information.

Here’s a suggested format for taking notes, feel free to copy and paste with your notes for each meeting.

Mentor meeting 1

• Date:
  • Attendees:

Agenda

1. Recap from previous meeting (or expectations & goals if this is your 1st meeting)
  2. This week’s assignments: questions, doubts, challenges?
  3. Timeline: are we on track?
  4. Contacting experts: do we need help?
  5. Any other questions or comments?

Actions for next meeting

1 Like

Mentor meeting 1

• Date: 26/03/2022
  • Attendees: Maxime, Elisee

Agenda

1. Goals and Expectations

We had discussed the objective of the project and my expectations. The objective is to design a stethoscope printed in 3D and then digitalized in order to facilitate the work of the medical profession by reducing as much as possible the personal contact between caregiver and patient. My expectations are particularly an accompaniment in the realization of this objective. And also allow me to put the ideas in order in order to achieve this.

2- Questions, doubts, challenges

The Mentor took a look at the materials list and wanted to know why such a list. I replied that the ideas were not yet clear in my head and that is why the list had enough items. His recommendation was to think about setting up a prototype in order to have clear ideas and for him to assess the feasibility. But above all not to reinvent the wheel and to draw inspiration from projects of the same type that already exist. This will allow to have a proof of concept and then move forward.

For the github page, the mentor maxime sent me the link of the 2 projects that can serve me as a template but also to properly inform my README.

3- Timeline

I was recommended to start ordering the necessary materials through Amazon in order to start prototyping.

4- Miscellaneous

We discussed the possibility of bringing in experts when the project will require more expertise.

Actions for next meeting

• Continue filling the OH Canvas
  • Improving the Github page
  • Reading module 2
  • Beginning of prototyping documentation
2 Likes

Mentor discussion 2

• Date: 11/04/2022
  • Attendees: jafsia, maxime

Agenda

1. Recap from previous meeting :
    Discussion about project objectives and scopes.
  2. This week’s assignments: questions, doubts, challenges?
    Remove Bluetooth airpods from the Bill of materials
  3. Timeline: are we on track?
    Yes
  4. Contacting experts: do we need help?
    Not yet
  5. Any other questions or comments?
    No

Actions for next meeting

Try to order materials from aliexpress since Amazon is not shipping to Cameroon