September 2022 GOSH Newsletter: Call for curated papers and projects!

Hi all!

I am organizing the September GOSH newsletter, and am inviting you to share any new open science hardware papers, projects, or initiatives that you would like to be featured in the newsletter! You can share them on this thread, or send them to me via private message or email.

What is the GOSH Newsletter and how do I subscribe to it?

The GOSH community newsletter is released every month and you can sign up here to receive the newsletter via email.

Each newsletter features the latest global open science hardware news and updates, information on upcoming GOSH events, career and job opportunities, and curated papers and projects selected by community members. Once each newsletter is published, I also share a link to it from the newsletter archives we set up. If you want to help out with the creation of each monthly newsletter, send me a message or email and join in! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Bri

3 Likes

Hi Bri! I want to share with GOSH Community about the Latin American Hub for Bioimaging Through Open Hardware (LIBRE_hub).

LIBRE_hub is a training network for open source bioimaging hardware in Latin America with the goal to empower regional researchers through practical workshops, seminars, networking, and online resources adapted to local needs and re-published in local languages.

This year, we started with the LIBRE_hub seminar series, which brings and connects international speakers with the Latin American bioimaging community on a broad range of bioimaging technologies. It is organized virtually, and everyone interested can join. All past talks are permanently available on YouTube with automatic subtitles.

Our next seminar is on 12 Sep at 11.00 Chile time (GMT-3) via Zoom.

Link: bit.ly/LIBRE_hub_Seminars

3 Likes

Hi @briannaljohns, I humbly submit the following for your consideration.

Recently I was invited to write an opinion piece about open science in “Issues in Science and Technology” in response to another (great) article about the topic.

This is my short article which, among other things, stresses the important role of open source hardware in open science and cites @jarancio and @shannond’s article about open science hardware.

There’s also a Tweet which I encourage those who can to re-Tweet and share as you see fit! Maybe the GOSH Twitter account can re-Tweet?

1 Like