Perspective paper: 'Haves and have nots must find a better way: The case for open scientific hardware'

Looks like it has been out for a couple of months now, but I just stumbled across this excellent paper by @amchagas providing an excellent overview/perspective on OScH. Definitely worth a read…

Do we have a a list going anywhere (e.g., on a wiki or similar) of OScH reviews/perspective papers (e.g., something like this)? Would be a great community resource.

2 Likes

Thanks you! :slight_smile:
Something that @jcm80 and I (together with other people) are working on is a list of Open Access papers describing OS tools for science (hard and software) under PLOS: https://channels.plos.org/open-source-toolkit

Maybe interesting?

Yes, I’m familiar with the PLOS channel, but I was thinking something more along the lines of a openly editable resource (the OSF wiki on Open Science Literature that I linked above is a good example, which btw should include some OScH papers!).

If nothing like this exists for the GOSH community, it would be easy enough to start a wiki here on the forum. I just want to make sure that we’re not reinventing the wheel.

1 Like