This might be of interest to GOSHers in Africa!
The 2020 Pan-African competition in low-cost technologies will serve to identify and develop next generation of young scientists, leaders, and entrepreneurs in Africa. It is open to all countries of Africa.
UK: Stoyan Smoukov, Kaspar Althoefer, London, UK
Africa: African Spectral Imaging Network (AFSIN, http://afsinnet.net), Ivory Coast
- Design and fabricate a proof-of-concept low cost instruments using a microcontroller in these themes:
- COVID-19 or malaria-related innovation
- Robotics and/or automation in the fields of agricultural, energy, or medical use
- Entrepreneurship in upcycling of computer hard drives into centrifuges for field diagnostics
- Develop technical and entrepreneurial innovation capacities of young scientists in African countries.
- Write a 1-page outline describing your instrument to register. Full proposal including the steps already undertaken and steps necessary to finalize it (3 pages max, single space, min 11 pt font)
- Proposals should be submitted in English with a (Google Translate) French translation, or vice versa
- Medical equipment proposals should outline tests needed to certify, but not expected to be carried out
- 1. Register your team info & intent to apply before 20th July 2021 at 2020 AFSIN Competion – African Spectral Imaging Network
- Organizers will attempt to give feedback to initial proposals. Emails for questions: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- 2. Final Submission: Upload your full proposal to the website before midnight 31th July 2021.