Open Source Imaging Initiative hybrid (online/in-person) workshop 22 Sept 2023

Hi everyone, as some of you know @Moe is part of the Open Source Imaging Initiative (OSI²) developing open source medical imaging tech, such as a fully open source magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) machine. Looks pretty amazing to me!

They have a workshop (online and in-person participation options available) coming up on 22 September 2023. I’m re-posting the announcement below:

The Open Source Imaging Initiative (OSI²) is organizing a build workshop for OSI² ONE, an open source low-field MRI scanner (approx. 50mT, 100kg, 20k€):

22nd of September at PTB in Berlin, Germany (online participation possible) :tada:

The goal this workshop is to:

• show you how to build, use and fix the modules of the scanner
  • provide a platform to discuss the designs with the minds behind their development
  • record all of this, so it can serve as open educational resources (OER) for rebuilds (instead of lengthy mail threads as we currently do it)

Find an early preliminary agenda here.

And of course it’s a great opportunity to meet & join the Open Source Imaging Initiative :slight_smile:

It will held as a hybrid event – we’ll try our best to connect both worlds.

In order to join, just send me a brief email (martin.haeuer (at) ptb.de) with a mention on:

• your full name & affiliation,
  • whether you want to attend on-site (PTB) or online (Zoom/Jitsi),
  • any specific interests regarding the workshop, so we can adjust our agenda accordingly.

Also, feel free to forward this message.

looking forward to see you there :slight_smile:

@Moe

2 Likes