Open source hardware and software used in Cystic Fibrosis therapy

Poster recently presented at the Canadian Congress for Respiratory Health on April 12, in Toronto

Serious game-based positive expiratory pressure (PEP) respiratory physiotherapy in children with Cystic Fibrosis: a prospective pilot study on acceptability and co-creation
O. Cerutti-Monteventi, S. Hardy, F. Balli, T. Brastaviceanu, Y. Gervais, A. Larocque, S. Wilhelmy, TD. Nguyen, SM. Tse

More about this project here.

We just got a new grant, looking for collaborators.

1 Like

Hi @tiberiusb, which kind of collaborator are you looking for? I have contacts in Peru that may be interested in this project.

Pierre.

Hi @tiberiusb
Do you have more information about what kind of collaborator you are looking for? The lab that I did my PhD in was very involved in CF and we work with a large pediatric cohort in Atlanta in the US. They expressed interest in gamifying physiotherapy since adherence can be variable.

Hi @bdobosh and @biomakers_lab

We are looking for various type of collaborations.

You can follow the main doc, as it evolves…

We just got a new 100K grant with Sainte Justine Hospital to improve the Breathing Games devices and games and to produce another small batch. So would be nice if more people would help with game design and hardware improvement (electronics, mechanics).

In parallel, we are going to approach Health Canada for regulatory approval of open source DIY therapeutic devices.

Most importantly, we would like to collaborate with other medical doctors and researchers around the world to replicate the studies that have been done at Montreal Sainte Justine Chindren’s Hospital and drive adoption.

Best thing is to join the Sensorica Discord and engage on the fly.

BTW, if you’re good with funding proposals and crowdfunding, we can leverage this new grant in multiple ways! Join the team of grant writers and share benefits.

Thanks for sharing @tiberiusb . I’m currently reading through all of the documentation. I definitely think we can help - both with being involved as a testing cohort due to a large and local CF population and we are involved with the community (my academic work). I can also help with product development as a company or contractor (Ledor for electronics, design for manufacturability, volume production etc… ), and with grants on the US side perhaps but open to discussion. One of our pediatric clinicians and I are also meeting with Olivia and Sze in August - maybe you want to join?

1 Like

Oh, that’s great news that you are meeting with Olivia and Sze Man Tse.
Sure, I can join the meeting if you send an invite :slight_smile:

Happy to hear that there’s interest.

I can provide edit access to the docs. You can send me an email? Perhaps on Discord or if you fill the Contact Us form on the Sensorica website?

If possible I would also want to attend.

Best Regards,
Adrian

1 Like