NGI Zero Commons Fund

https://nlnet.nl/commonsfund/

FAQ on eligibility: NLnet; NGI Zero Commons Fund Eligibility information

• scientific research
  • design and development of free and open source software and open hardware
  • validation or constructive inquiry into existing or novel technical solutions
  • software engineering aimed at adapting to new usage areas or improving software quality
  • formal security proofs, security audits, setup and design of software testing and continuous integration
  • documentation for researchers, developers and end users, including educational materials
  • standardisation activities, including membership fees of standards bodies
  • understanding user requirements and improving usability/inclusive design
  • necessary measures in support of (broad)er deployability, e.g. packaging
  • participation in technical, developer and community events like hackathons, IETF, W3C, RIPE meetings, FOSDEM, etc. (admission fee, travel and subsistence costs)
  • other activities that are relevant to adhering to robust software development and deployment practices
  • project management
  • out-of-pocket costs for infrastructure essential to achieving the above
6 Likes

Hi @lizbarry
Thank you so much for sharing. I’m involved in NGI0 consortium as apc.org workers. I’d be happy to help anyone interested. Guidance, answering questions, chatting, etc.

I mention, because it’s important, that projects outside the EU can also apply and compete for the same amount in grants donations.

2 Likes

Xav, thank you for your support offer, I’d really like to exchange some ideas with you. My mail is fernando@alquimetricos.cc
Best regards!
Fernando

1 Like