Looking for #OpenTech4SDGs Projects to be Featured on Seeed Studio's LinkedIn Feed

Hello strangers! :slight_smile:

Nice to e-debut on GOSH (FINALLY)!! I’m Ye Seong, the South Korean Sustainability and CSR Manager from Seeed Studio (open source hardware provider) based in Shenzhen, China.

On Seeed Studio’s LinkedIn, I feature glocal makers’ open tech projects that contribute to the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) on a daily basis for the promotion of #OpenTech4SDGs initiative. On this note, I’m looking for interesting projects that are relevant to this cause to raise awareness of how open tech can accelerate the achievement of SDGs. So, I usually deep dive into Hackster.io, Hackaday, GOSH Forum, GitHub, Raspberry Pi Forums, and Arduino Project Hub.

Please feel free to share your open tech projects, links, and your LinkedIn (especially the ones about #CarbonNeutrality or #NetZero - but not limited to these - would be super helpful)!! :smiley:

FYI, for those of you who may not be familiar with Seeed Studio, here’s a brief intro:

Seeed Studio is an IoT and AI solution provider for all types of traditional industries’ sustainable digitalization. Since its establishment in 2008, Seeed Studio’s technological products and customization services are used for smart agriculture, smart cities, smart environmental monitoring, smart animal farming, smart aquaculture, meteorological monitoring, STEAM education, and all types of emerging scenarios enabled by the Industry 4.0. With the company’s mission to “Empower Everyone to Achieve Their Digital Transformation Goals” (which shares similar values with SDGs’ Motto of “Leave No One Behind”), Seeed Studio is devoted to using open source technologies for accelerating SDGs with multi-stakeholders from UN agencies, academia, companies, CSOs, governments, public/private organizations, and so on. This is why, Seeed Studio also founded “Chaihuo Maker Space”, and started China’s first Maker Movement by annually organizing “Maker Faire Shenzhen”.

5 Likes

Hello @yeseong.shin, and welcome! :slight_smile:

Last year GOSH published a policy brief on open hardware, international policy, and SDGs! I am sharing a link to the PDF download here: OPEN HARDWARE: A KEY FOR ACCELERATING SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY TOWARDS THE U.N. SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS (SDGs) | Gathering for Open Science Hardware

It would be great to see this shared, and feel free to let me know if you have any questions!

-Bri

2 Likes

Hello, Bri! :smiley:

Nice to e-meet you. Thanks for your kind welcome and I’m happy to share that I’ve read the publication last year, thanks to Prof. Francois Grey, and shared it on Seeed Studio’s LinkedIn then. Nevertheless, after some time later, I can re-publish it as well. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Ye Seong

2 Likes