Help building photoreactor for researcher in Uppsala

Hello, I’m not very familiar with GOSH so I don’t know if this is an appropriate question—feel free to delete :smile:

I have published a humble open source photoreactor design.

A researcher in Uppsala Sweden wishes to use this design but doesn’t have the equipment to make it. Are there any companies or institutions that are set up to accept money in exchange for building such designs on behalf of researchers? I’m guessing the answer is “no”, but it would be really cool if it existed!

To be honest we have made and shipped a lot of these reactors ourselves, but Sweden is a bit of a stretch.

1 Like

Interesting questions.

What equipment are we talking about here?

Cheers,
Adrian

Hi,

I looked at the project and it is a bit of PCB assembly and 3d printing. If nobody else wants to do it I could probably build some. It also depends how much support the researcher needs on top of building it (testing, modifications, choosing the right LED, etc.).
There are very inexpensive PCB assembly services now which also offer 3d printing services, for example https://jlcpcb.com/ which the researcher could try.

Best Regards,

Moritz

1 Like

I should have specified, yes, 3D printing and soldering are all that’s needed. Depending on LED choice somewhat tricky surface mount might be involved.

That’s a really good idea to see if JLC would make all the parts and ship direct.

I have a vapor phase soldering system which works very well for LEDs :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Blaise,

Yes, I might be able to help with that. Some PCB places could assemble the PCB.

Do you have a time-line?

Cheers,
Adrian

1 Like

You all are too generous! It’s up to the researcher, I’ll refer them to here and see if they are interested in reaching out to y’all.

1 Like