Thanks to all of the feedback from GOSH2017 attendees, organizers have started narrowing down the location for the main GOSH2018 gathering, which will happen sometime in February/March next year. I’m checking in individually with people that recommended several different locations, but would also like to hear any feedback on the following questions from others on the forum.
The locations we’re considering are: Thailand (Bangkok and Chang Mai), Nepal, India, China (Shenzhen), Singapore and Taiwan.
We’re looking for feedback pretty quickly-- by June 11th if possible. You can either email me directly (email@example.com) with feedback or post to this forum thread with thoughts related to the following:
- Where in X location would you recommend GOSH2018 be located? Please be as specific as possible-- city and venue (if possible). Note that we try to host GOSH in locations that won’t require extensive and various modes of transportation for people to access.
- Would you be willing to participate as a local organizer for GOSH2018 if we held the gathering in X location?
- Do you have recommendations for other individuals who would be interested in being a local organizer in this location?
- GOSH is built on a platform of equity and access. Do you foresee any issues related to this if we host in X location?
- Do you have thoughts on local funding opportunities related to open hardware and science that might be applicable to GOSH 2018?
- Any thoughts on the level of interest locally for GOSH? Is there already momentum around open hardware/science happening?
- Do you have any other considerations you’d like to mention as we make this decision?