Hey all,
I wanted to take a moment to celebrate the successful close of GOSH 2026, held over the last three days in Kathmandu, Nepal. By all counts, it was a huge success, drawing GOSHers new and old from around the world for multiple days of collaboration, community building, and knowledge sharing.
I am particularly pleased to report that, thanks in large part to the incredible efforts by our friends and partners at Karkhana Samuha (@Vibhaas @sachet @irisa), we were able to welcome quite a few new community members. I hope you’ll join me in welcoming them here to the Forum as they get settled in. (If you are among the new folks to be joining us, please take a moment to read this Getting Started post for some tips on finding your way around!)
The team at Karhkana Samuha provided invaluable support in so many planning and administrative functions that it would be difficult to list them all here. It may be most straightforward to say that they were partners in every sense of the term, and provided critical support, guidance, and leadership for many months before and all the way throughout the event itself. Thank you to everyone on the Karkhana team!
It’s an enormous undertaking to plan an event like the Gathering. This was my first year being involved in the process, and I remain humbled by the dedication and generosity of those who took on the challenge. Our Gathering Working Group - including @juanpedro.maestre @laola @dusjagr @pte @Ebuka @Karl @YKH @OSHWA @leeborg - managed the regularly unwieldy process with unwavering dedication and care. As we welcome our newcomers and share our gratitude with our friends at Karkhana Samuha, I hope you’ll also join me in thanking and congratulating our Working Group members, many of whom are likely still making their way back and may need a week or so of rest before starting the debrief process.
Happily, there are a few photos already up and available on the GOSH Flickr for everyone to enjoy. I or someone from the WG will be sure to share additional photos and the final report as they become available.
If you attended the Gathering and have photos to share, feel free to drop them here (and let me know if I can upload them to the GOSH Flickr, which defaults to a CC0 Public Domain designation).
Congratulations to everyone who helped make the Gathering possible, and many thanks to everyone who joined us in Kathmandu!
Cheers,
Jamaica
