Esocite 2018, Santiago, Chile

Buenas!

The Esocite 2018 – XII Jornadas
Latinoamericanas de Estudios Sociales de la Ciencia y la Tecnología (XII LATIN AMERICAN CONFERENCE OF SOCIAL STUDIES OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY) of this year has the theme “Ciudadanías del conocimiento: nuevas formas y tensiones en el hacer y pensar la ciencia, la tecnología y la sociedad.” (Citizenship of knowledge: new forms and tensions in the making and thinking of science, technology and society.). It will be held in Santiago, Chile, on July 18, 19 and 20, 2018.

I don’t no this event, but it seems a good time to show the GOSH Roadmap.
Anyone willing to do it? The dead line to submisssions is march 10, on the site: http://esocite2018.cl/

3 Likes

Hola Marina!

Mariano Fressoli (one of the researchers working here in CENIT, my phd supervisor) is co-chairing one of the sessions in Esocite 2018 together with Sarita Albagli (Brasil), Carla Alvial Palavicino (Chile) and María Alejandra Tejeda (Colombia).

The session is called “Do acesso aberto à ciência aberta: desafios, politicas e práticas no contexto latino-americano” (‘From open access to open science: challenges, policy and practices in a Latin American context’).

So if anyone could apply and present the GOSH Roadmap, I think it would suit perfectly in that session also.

Maybe people in Chile? @severine.cazaux @paz @ffederici

2 Likes

Great!
I may present it there, not sure yet.

But, of course, if someone else who was more involved on writing the road map wants go, I think its better.
The important is that the RoadMap be presented.

Hola,
Yo puedo. Feliz si me acompaña @paz y @severine.cazaux
Saludos
F

Hola ahí!
Hace unos días me metí al sitio del evento y vi que era pagado y bien caro, pero ahora no encuentro esa info. Si es pagado no iré, estoy aburrida de eventos pagados organizados por universidades que tienen salones disponibles que asumo no tienen que arrendar. Preferiría que se ahorraran el cafe fancy y los pasteles que a nadie le hacen bien y que fueran eventos o gratis o baratos. Sorry, pero soy muy working class para afford it. Si es gratis, feliz apoyo en la presentación del roadmap @ffederici.
salud
p

1 Like

Chequeé con Carla Alvial y sí hay que pagar así que no iré. Feliz le hago propaganda al roadmap en los tragos de las tardes post-conferencia.

Pero quanto eras? :confounded:

Aqui estão os valores.

@jarancio and I submitted an article to ESOCITE and it was accepted! o/
The title is:
EL MOVIMIENTO POR UN HARDWARE CIENTÍFICO GLOBAL Y ABIERTO: UNA HOJA DE
RUTA HACIA LA DEMOCRATIZACIÓN DE LAS HERRAMIENTAS CIENTÍFICAS

We’ll give an oral presentation about the roadmap. :sunglasses:

Vamo da-lhe!!

2 Likes

I won’t be able to make it in those dates :frowning: but GOOO @marinappdf GOOO!

1 Like

A brief report: the presentation was great.
It was a section about open access and science. Many of the people had never hard about osch, but got very exiceted about it. I believe they all understood the importance of osch. In summary, it was worth it and we accomplish our mission of divulgation of gosh roadmap.
The slides are here.
:sunglasses:

1 Like