Session Title: Documentation
Date: March 23.
Attendees (who was there?): Jeffrey Warren, Yuenyong Nilsiam, Tobias Wenzel, Dorn Cox, Rafael Peretti Pezzi
Overview of topic (3-6 sentences): Documentation is often the real "source code" of open hardware in that it is required for an open source hardware project to be built and re-built.
How do you do version control on your platforms?
- Docubricks: versioning is not built in yet but is planned. XML documentation files can be put into Git
- Kitnic.it: Not interface yet but git backed with planned support in the interface
How can we improve attribution?
- Kaspar: Not really sure but an interesting concept is the three dimensional printing open source license where you embed an attribution mark into the license:
- Tobey: Attribution isn't even the biggest problem, the problem is that people don't even give feedback when they replicate
- On public lab people are encouraged to post their replication
How do we invite people to "own" projects other people created?
- In docubricks the answer is the modularity and helping people document re-building.
- Have been experimenting with what are the minimal fields.
- Also a mobile application for doing photo documentation and
Come together again during GOSH to figure out cross pollination between different platforms and solutions.