CSCCE Open Source Tools Trials, starting in August!

Hi all!

The Center for Scientific Collaboration and Community Engagement (CSCCE) is hosting an Open Source Tools Series, to understand how various open source platforms (like Github, and Jitsi) can be used to support communities. The calls will be happening throughout August and September.

I figured this event would be of interest to some of you, so I thought to share it here on the forum!

Thanks,
Bri

5 Likes

Dear GOSH Community,

I don’t have time to be the point person on this, but the winner of this grant will either be GOSH or an organization that supplants GOSH.

https://new.nsf.gov/funding/opportunities/pathways-enable-open-source-ecosystems-pose?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery

|
Pathways to Enable Open-Source Ecosystems (POSE)
new.nsf.gov
|

• | - |

This request for proposals is more about the organization that would be the proper venue for what we are doing (i.e. where we would present at). It would be appropriate for the Gathering of Open Source Hardware to submit a proposal here.
I would like to host a GOSH conference in Melbourne, FL in early January of 2025, and this might be the place to apply for that. However, I am not going to host such a conference without getting a grant.

Best regards,
Jim Brenner

1 Like

Hello again everyone!

I wanted to share that the first CSCCE Tools Trial is happening next week, on 30 August 2023 at 11am US EDT / 3pm UTC. The call is focused on using GitHub for community collaboration.

Below is some more information about the call:

Date: Wednesday, 30 August 2023
Time: 11am US EDT / 3pm UTC (90 minutes)
Zoom link to join: Launch Meeting - Zoom

Add to calendar: CSCCE Open-Source Tools Trial 1 - Facilitating community activities using Github - CSCCE

Our guest speakers for the session are:

• Yanina Bellini Saibene (rOpenSci), who uses GitHub to organize community calls
  • Reshama Shaikh (Data Umbrella), who uses GitHub to source and create posts for the community’s blog
  • Anne Lee Steele and Danny Garside (The Alan Turing Institute), who use GitHub in various ways to support the Turing Way community

Thanks!
Bri

1 Like

Hi all,

There is another CSCCE Open Source Tools Trial happening next week that may interest some of you! The topic is “GitHub and Bitergia for supporting research and developer communities.”

Here is more information on the call:

• Date: Wednesday, 11 October 2023
  • Time: 10am EDT / 2pm UTC
  • Speakers: Sanket Verma (Zarr), Paul Nagy (OHDSI), Georg Link (Bitergia), Julia Koehler (Rosetta)
  • Add to calendar
  • Zoom link to join

Thanks!
Bri