Candidate Statement: Mathew Lubari

This thread is for the candidate statement of 2022 GOSH Community Council Election candidate Mathew Lubari (@CC4DUganda). Mathew, you can reply to this post with your candidate statement. I have included the candidate statement template below for your reference:

2022 GOSH Community Council Election Candidate Statement Template

Candidate Name:

Please provide a short biography, and describe some of your participation and contributions in the GOSH community (3-5 sentences):

Please provide a position statement (5-7 sentences), indicating why you are running for Community Council, your priorities for the community, and what you hope to achieve:

Hi all,
Apologies for the very late response due to technical issues.

Candidate Name:

I’m Lubari a Co-founder and Executive Director at Community Creativity For Development (CC4D-Uganda),

Please provide a short biography, and describe some of your participation and contributions in the GOSH community (3-5 sentences):

am a fixer, maker an advocate for open technology and gender inclusion and equality. I am also part of the #ASKnet network where we promote open technology and Open hardware science using the #ASKOtec kit (ASKotec - r0g agency) a Mobile kit most suitable where there is limited access to tech.

Please provide a position statement (5-7 sentences), indicating why you are running for Community Council, your priorities for the community, and what you hope to achieve:

I’m interested to run for the GOSH council position to represent the underrepresented population especially refugees whose has talents in OHs and OSH but were not able to be known or exposed. My goal is to map those hidden talents and make them known hence growth of the GOSH community.

2 Likes