Candidate Statement: Kwaje Steven Taban

This thread is for the candidate statement of 2022 GOSH Community Council Election candidate Kwaje Steven Taban (@Kwaje). Kwaje, you can reply to this post with your candidate statement. I have included the candidate statement template below for your reference:

2022 GOSH Community Council Election Candidate Statement Template

Candidate Name:

Please provide a short biography, and describe some of your participation and contributions in the GOSH community (3-5 sentences):

Please provide a position statement (5-7 sentences), indicating why you are running for Community Council, your priorities for the community, and what you hope to achieve:

2022 GOSH Community Council Election: Candidate Statement Template

Candidate Name: Kwaje Steven Taban

Please provide a short biography, and describe some of your participation and contributions in the GOSH community (3-5 sentences):

My name is Kwaje Steven Taban, I am the founder of Creative Innovation Center (C.I.C) in Rhino Camp Refugee Settlement, Uganda. Creativity and Innovation are my passion.
Besides inspiring and transforming youths in the community through providing Skills, Creativity and Innovations. I have also encouraged many youths to join GOSH Community forum since it is the best platform to mentor, educate and transform generation intergrety through promoting open science hardware.

Please provide a position statement (5-7 sentences), indicating why you are running for Community Council, your priorities for the community, and what you hope to achieve:

Building community network to ease ideas sharing, making open science hardware more equitable and accessible, and wanting to be the voice for the voiceless in Africa who got talents and skills in open science hardware.

A community which is focused and determined to achieve their goals will my priority for the community.
My hope is for the community to be able to empower, mentor and encourage youth who showed interest in open science hardware to generate new innovative ideas in different parts of the world

3 Likes