Candidate Statement: Gameli Adzaho

This thread is for the candidate statement of 2021 GOSH Community Council Election candidate Gameli Adzaho (@gamelmag). Gameli, you can reply to this post with your candidate statement. I have included the candidate statement template below for your reference:

2021 GOSH Community Council Election Candidate Statement Template

Candidate Name:

Please provide a short biography, and describe some of your participation and contributions in the GOSH community (3-5 sentences):

Please provide a position statement (5-7 sentences), indicating why you are running for Community Council, your priorities for the community, and what you hope to achieve:

Candidate statements do not have to be in English. For more information on the Candidate Statement’s category, please read the about post pinned to this category.

Candidate Name: Gameli Adzaho

Please provide a short biography, and describe some of your participation and contributions in the GOSH community (3-5 sentences):

I have been involved in community work and research around open science & citizen/community science for about seven years. I currently serve as the Africa Regional Manager at Just One Giant Lab, a digital open science platform and community empowering problem solvers from around the world to tackle some of the most important issues of our time. In Ghana, I lead Global Lab Network, mobilising STEAM students and professionals for social impact. Additionally I have been involved in some local, national, and regional initiatives around STEAM education, and increasingly open science such as Africa Open Science & Hardware.

Please provide a position statement (5-7 sentences), indicating why you are running for Community Council, your priorities for the community, and what you hope to achieve:

I’m interested in supporting GOSH’s efforts at furthering regionalisation by putting our experience with running Africa OSH at the disposal of the community. I believe regional, national, and even local meetings would be very strategic in the next steps of the development of the global open science hardware movement. In this regard, GOSH can facilitate not only meetings but local projects and collaborations that can help communities address issues on the ground. The significant technical and operational capacity within the GOSH community can be harnessed to bring lasting change in the way open science hardware is deployed beyond academic projects. Finally, I think it’s about time Africa hosted the Global Gathering of GOSH; therefore I’d champion this agenda given the opportunity.

3 Likes