Candidate Statement: Frank Landon Bentum

This thread is for the candidate statement of 2022 GOSH Community Council Election candidate Frank Landon Bentum (@Frank_AfricaOSH). Frank, you can reply to this post with your candidate statement. I have included the candidate statement template below for your reference:

2022 GOSH Community Council Election Candidate Statement Template

Candidate Name:

Please provide a short biography, and describe some of your participation and contributions in the GOSH community (3-5 sentences):

Please provide a position statement (5-7 sentences), indicating why you are running for Community Council, your priorities for the community, and what you hope to achieve:

1 Like

Candidate Name: Frank Landon Bentum

Please provide a short biography, and describe some of your participation and contributions in the GOSH community (3-5 sentences): My Name is Frank Landon Bentum and I am the coordinator for the Africa Open Science Hardware (AfricaOSH) Community. I recently, along with Bri and Kafid, organized a webinar between AfricaOSH and GOSH in an effort to create a harmonious common community for open science hardware and also to introduce our community members to the GOSH community. I am relatively new to the GOSH Community but I am very excited to be part of this amazing community.

Please provide a position statement (5-7 sentences), indicating why you are running for Community Council, your priorities for the community, and what you hope to achieve: **What AfricaOSH seeks to do is to create a community to foster collaborations between Africans and the Global South and also between Europe and the rest of the world. My idea for this community is to have a unified community where community members can collaborate with each other, where community members have access to other community member spaces/hubs. A community which is familiar with each other and help each other, engaging in dialogues that will lead to the promotion of innovation. My hope is for this community to be the grandest of platforms for everyone interested in open science hardware, for students who want to learn more about open science hardware, for collaborations and partnerships and also a platform for the birth of new innovative ideas projects, which in all, serve to promote open science hardware in Africa and the rest of the world.

3 Likes