similar to the yearly Chaos Computer Club congress (see Open science hardware assembly at 35C3, #35C3 call for participation, which BTW went pretty well GOSH-wise!) there’s a summer camp.
But in contrast to the congress this camp is much more special. In short:
- takes place only every 4 years; this time August 21-25, north of Berlin
- fiber network and power across 500 x 500 m^2 of green camping field
- sunburns and a lake for swimming included
- disco globes in trees and self-built laser projectors lighting up the night sky; some DJs, too
- a dedicated family area for parents and their kids of all ages
- it’s an old red brick manufacturing site, including custom railways
(of course people build their own vehicles for it)
- tracks for talks: Arts & Culture, Ethics, Society & Politics, Hardware & Making, Security & Hacking, Science
- plenty of self-organised sessions/workshops (~300 in 2015, see https://events.ccc.de/camp/2015/wiki/Static:Self-organized_Sessions)
Submission deadline for ‘official’ talks: June 11th
More info: https://events.ccc.de/2019/05/22/call-for-participation-chaos-communication-camp-2019/
For attending you have to buy a ticket in any case which is unfortunately a bit difficult this time.
There’s a semi-private pre-sale based on self-respawning vouchers which is already ongoing.
With a bunch of people we’re attending from Geneva (mostly CERNies but also others) GOSHers are most welcome to join our camp village !
By the end of the week, I should be able o forward ticket vouchers to interested GOSHers.
As far as I know, at least @saadcaffeine is attending as well.
@kaspar? @neuro3en? @amchagas? @moritz_lablab? @bengtsjolen? @lu_cyP?
More details are on the Camp’s wiki: https://events.ccc.de/camp/2019/wiki/Main_Page