Note that 3/9 of these grants went to GOSH community members last year!
Awards at Mozilla are designed to support diverse approaches to addressing the most pressing threats to Internet health. Through the Science Mini Grants awards track, Mozilla seeks to identify, support, and develop a community of leaders in the network with the aim to transform research and the culture around science to make it more accessible, transparent, and reproducible.
Thanks to the generous support of the Leona M. & Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust, once again we are awarding small grants ($3,000 — $10,000 USD) for project ideas that foster innovation and ultimately lead to more robust prototypes and products by expanding and enhancing the community who are working open. For this round of mini grants, we are specifically looking for projects related to biomedical subject areas.
- Initial Funding Concepts (IFCs) due November 15th 2018, 5pm Eastern
- Invitations to submit full application sent out by November 18th, 2018.
- Final full applications due November 30th, 5pm Eastern.
- Award notification will be made by December 30th, 2018.
- Public awards announcement will be made February 1st, 2019.
- Grant-funded projects or activities should take place between February 1, 2019 and August 30, 2019.
Check the website for more details and a link to the application.