Big Team Science Conference submissions open until 14 Aug 2023

UPDATE: Submission deadline has been extended to 14 August 2023!!

Hello everyone,

I recently learned that session proposals are now open for the Big Team Science Conference which will be held online 23-25 October 2023:

From the website:

Submissions and Registration are now open!

The second annual BTSCON will be held virtually via Zoom in October 2023. The goal of this three-day virtual conference is to bring together a multidisciplinary group of researchers, funders, and stakeholders to discuss advancements, challenges, and future opportunities related to big team science.

Note that the registration uses a “pay what you can model”, so could be zero!

They are taking submissions for the following things:

• Panels
  • Hackathons
  • Unconferences
  • Symposia
  • Talks (25 minutes)
  • Lightning talks (5 minutes)

Deadline for submission of the above is 14 August 2023!

I can see open science hardware being suitable for this conference, especially if there’s a “big team” angle.

Any ideas? :brain:

Thanks for sharing, @hpy!

This conference looks interesting, and perhaps what’s more interesting is that you can run an “unconference” session! Since GOSH has hosted several unconference-style Gatherings, I wonder if this could be a potential format.

Happy to organize a proposal for this with anyone else interested!

Bri

1 Like

Thanks, @briannaljohns,

I’m overwhelmed and probably can’t put together a proposal for an unconference by the deadline. But would be excited to see if other GOSH community members submit one haha.

At most I might submit an abstract that builds on my previous talk about open science hardware.