April GOSH Community Call: Open Science Hardware Practices and Potentialities for Africa & The Rotoforge Project

Hi all!

Join us for our April GOSH Community Call, featuring presentations from AfricaOSH-GOSH liaison Abdoul Kafid Toko (@TOKO) on open science hardware practices and potentialities for Africa, and from GOSH community member Michael Lynn (@mtlynn) on the Rotoforge project!

The call is happening on April 27 at 12pm UTC.

Register for the call in advance here!

More information on the presentations:

Presentation 1: Open science hardware practices and potentialities for Africa
Presented by Abdoul Kafid Toko
We want to discuss our ongoing systematic review on open science hardware practices and potentialities for Africa. Our project aims to conduct a systematic review of the literature that focuses on the analysis of open science hardware practices in Africa. The findings of this review will demonstrate the effectiveness of open science hardware initiatives in Africa.

Presentation 1: The Rotoforge project
Presented by Michael Lynn
An open source desktop 3D printer for heterogeneous printing of metals, plastics and ceramics. Michael is a PhD student with a small community of people helping him in the development of the Rotoforge project.

Looking forward to the next call!
-Bri

1 Like

Looks great, thanks.

A few links:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/kafidtoko/

https://www.rotoforge.com/introduction/

1 Like

A little link to the project’s semi-regularly updated blog site. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all!

A reminder that the next GOSH community call is happening this week, on April 27th at 12pm UTC! I am sharing an agenda for the call below:

Agenda

• Welcome & Participation Guidelines
  • Presentation #1: Open science hardware practices and potentialities for Africa, presented by Abdoul Kafid Toko
  • Presentation #2: The Rotoforge project, presented by Michael Lynn
  • Further Discussion & Community Updates
  • Adjourn

Register for the call in advance here!

Let me know if you have any questions, and hope to see you there!

-Bri :v:

Hi again everyone,

Thanks to those who were able to join us for our monthly community call. It was another great call, with some super interesting presentations and great discussion! For those who couldn’t make it, I am sharing the notes and recordings from the call below:

Notes:

Recordings:

That’s all for now, hope to see you at the next one!
-Bri

1 Like

thanks for hosting and supporting Brianna.
I enjoyed getting to show off what I was working on.
Would love to get in touch with the people on the call and learn more about their work too!

1 Like