Applications Open! GOSH Policy Workshop Writer & Graphic Designer (funded by Alfred P Sloan Foundation via GOSH nonprofit)

Hi Everybody!

I wanted to share an exciting opportunity with you all - to support some upcoming policy workshops on open science hardware policy and documenting the GOSH event model which will bring forward recommendations made in the GOSH Roadmap, applications are open for a Writer & Graphic Designer. These workshops are convened by GOSH community members, funded by Alfred P Sloan Foundation and coordinated by Gathering for Open Science Hardware Inc, a US-based nonprofit that will manage the recruitment of these support roles.

Link to the GOSH Policy Workshop Writer/Editor Role Description: GOSH Policy Workshop Writer and Editor – Applications Open! | Gathering for Open Science Hardware

Link to the GOSH Policy Workshop Graphic Designer Role Description: GOSH Policy Workshop Graphic Designer – Applications Open! | Gathering for Open Science Hardware

Both the Writer/Editor and Graphic Designer will report to the GOSH nonprofit Board and work closely with the workshop convenors.

Feel free to reach out to info@openhardware.science with any questions you may have about the application process :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Bri,
I think you guys, at the non-for profit called GOSH (a US based non-for profit), should clarify it is a role inside this non-for profit, which is not and does not represent the whole GOSH community (this forum is for the whole community). I imagine those doing the selection are the heads of the non-for profit. For the sake of transparency these issues should be made very clear. Starting by the title of the post. (An alternative title: “US Non-for profit looks for a workshop writer and graphic designer”).
Thanks
Best,
Paz

Hi Bri,
I agree with Paz. Could you please update the announcements in the website and the forum posts so that it is clear that these (the workshops and the contracts) are activities organized by some members of the community (ideally saying who) and not in any way “official” GOSH activities?
I commented on this on a previous forum post and so far community members have agreed that this distinction should be clear and terminology should be used with caution and pointed that there are risks associated with using these confusing terms (which apparently was done on purpose for a supposed benefit, but has unintended side-effects).
Thanks

1 Like

Hi Paz and Gustavo,

I have updated this forum post, the job announcements on the website, and the forum post regarding the policy workshops to clarify that GOSH community members will convene these workshops, coordinated by the GOSH nonprofit and funded by the Sloan Foundation. I have also added that the nonprofit board is responsible for the recruitment of these two positions. Thank you for bringing this to my attention, and I hope these updates can help with transparency and clarity.

Best,
Bri

3 Likes

Thanks Bri!

1 Like