2024 GOSH Community Council Election & Constitution Referendum Results

Hello GOSH Community,

I want to start by saying thank you to everyone who participated in this year’s GOSH Community Council Election! As Election Secretary, I am sharing the results of the 2024 GOSH Community Council Election with you all. This year, we not only had an election for new Council members but also a referendum for the Draft GOSH Community Constitution. I have tabulated the votes for both of these with our independent observer @cizolnier

GOSH Community Council Election Results
We had 30 people who registered to vote, and in the end, 24 voted. We only had two candidates who ran for election this year, and according to the governance plan, as long as each candidate received at least one vote, they will be automatically seated.

The two candidates who ran in this election were Freyja van den Boom @Freyja and Sakti Subramanian @SynBio101. Both Sakti and Freyja received votes, so they will both be seated on the council. You can see a screenshot of these results here.

A reminder that the selected candidates will each serve 2-year terms. You can see the full list of seated council members and when their terms expire below.

2024-2025 GOSH Community Council Members:

• Saad Chinoy (@saadcaffeine) (term expires in 2025)
  • Karl Kaddu (@Karl) (term expires in 2025)
  • Lara Jatar (@Laraja) (term expires in 2025)
  • Ana De Lucia (@anaj238) (term expires in 2025)
  • Freyja van den Boom (@Freyja) (term expires in 2026)
  • Sakti Subramanian (@SynBio101) (term expires in 2026)

Congratulations to Freyja and Sakti! We look forward to seeing what you achieve on the GOSH Community Council.

Results of the GOSH Constitution Referendum

The GOSH Referendum procedure and draft constitution state that for the referendum to be valid, “the number of votes cast in a referendum must be equal to or greater than 50% of the number of votes cast in the most recent Community Council election.”

24 people voted in the election, but unfortunately, only 11 people voted in the referendum. This left us just one vote short of reaching the 50% threshold, and therefore the GOSH Community Constitution is not ratified. Of the 11 who voted, all said “yes” to ratifying the constitution.

You can see a screenshot here showing the number of votes cast in the referendum.

Thank you everyone for your participation in this election process.

Best,
Bri Johns
Election Secretary for the 2024 GOSH Community Council Election

5 Likes

Congratulations Freyja and Sakti!

Huge thanks to @briannaljohns for organising yet another election, this time with a referendum thrown in! :heart: :bowing_woman: And thank you @cizolnier for independently observing for us.

Thank you to everyone who contributed so much to developing the Constitution. As described in this post, because the draft GOSH Community Constitution was not passed, @lizbarry and I will archive the text, share it on the forum (look for a post coming soon), and pass the torch on if/how to enact it to future generations. I.e. we leave it in the hands of this community.

2 Likes

Welcome @Freyja @SynBio101 to our council!

Looking forward to hear from you and wish you and the whole council a constructive and enjoyable time!

2 Likes