2022 GOSH Open Hours

Hi everyone!

The GOSH open hours will be back again in 2022! I’ll be holding open hours on the second Thursday of each month at 11:00 UTC and the fourth Thursday of every month at 21:00 UTC. This means that the next open hour will be January 13th at 11:00 UTC! You can see a full schedule of upcoming open hours here.

What are the Open Hours?
GOSH open hours are held twice a month and hosted by the GOSH Community Coordinator. Open hours provide a virtual social atmosphere for old and new GOSHers alike to connect with others from the community. These small, informal events are perfect for those wanting to learn more about the GOSH community.

How do I join?
You can join the open hours via this Jitsi link.

Look forward to seeing some of you there!
-Bri

3 Likes

Hi everyone! A reminder that the next open hour is January 27th at 21:00 UTC. Feel free to come join if you have any questions about GOSH or want to say hello!

You can join the open hours via this Jitsi link. You can see a full schedule of upcoming open hours here.

2 Likes

Hi everyone! There is another GOSH Open Hour this week, for anyone interested in stopping by and saying hello :wave:. It will be February 10th at 11:00 UTC!

What are the Open Hours?
GOSH open hours are held twice a month and hosted by the GOSH Community Coordinator. Open hours provide a virtual social atmosphere for old and new GOSHers alike to connect with others from the community. These small, informal events are perfect for those wanting to learn more about the GOSH community.

How do I join?
You can join the open hours via this Jitsi link .

You can see a full schedule of upcoming open hours here.

-Bri :v:

2 Likes

Hi all! A reminder that the next GOSH Open Hour will be February 24th at 21:30 UTC!

What are the Open Hours?

How do I join?
You can join the open hours via this Jitsi link .

You can see a full schedule of upcoming open hours here.

-Bri

1 Like

Hi all! The next open hour is this week, on March 10th at 11 UTC :slight_smile:

If you are new to the community and want to know more about GOSH, stop by the open hour to find out what’s happening in the community! The open hours are also a great opportunity to catch up with one another and talk about different projects we are all working on.

You can join the open hour here.

You can see a full schedule of upcoming hours here as well.

-Bri

1 Like

Hi everyone! The next GOSH open hour is this week, on March 24th at 21:00 UTC!

For those new to GOSH, I’ll be hanging out in the open hours to answer any questions you may have about the GOSH Community! You can join the open hour here. You can also see a full schedule of upcoming hours here as well.

Thanks!
-Bri

1 Like

Hi everybody!

The next GOSH Open Hour is coming up this week! It will be on April 14th at 11:00 UTC.

If you are new to GOSH open hours are a great opportunity to find out more about the GOSH Community!

You can join the open hour here! and you can also find out more about the open hours by checking out this schedule.

Thanks,
Bri

1 Like

Hi all! A reminder that the open hour will start in less than 15 minutes, at 11:00 UTC! I noticed that this week’s open hour was accidentally listed one hour later than it was supposed to on the GOSH Google Calendar, I accidentally scheduled it prior to the time change here in Australia :slight_smile: It’s all fixed now though!

1 Like

Hi everyone! I will be away next Thursday, so the GOSH open hour has been moved to this Thursday! It will be on April 21st at 21:00 UTC. You can join the open hours via this Jitsi link and see a full schedule of the hours here.

2 Likes

Hi everyone! The next GOSH open hour is this week! It will be on Thursday May 12 at 11:00 UTC. You can join the open hour via this this Jitsi link, and you can also find out more about the open hours by checking out this schedule.

New to GOSH? Come say hello at the open hour, and find out more about the community!

2 Likes

I am happy to join the open hour today!
We just released and published our first zines from the UROŠ projects series on Ubiquitous Rural Open Science Hardware.

Also available in Spanish, and we are now working on Japanes and Indonesian versions.

It covers a very basic introduction in Soil Microsopy and also goes over a few of the infamous GOSH related DIY microscopes and openflexure. But mostly focus on how to observe the small lifeforms that live below our feet. It was collaborative developed with a few other people active here @nanocastro @squaresolid @TAKE @pin

So let’s have a little Zine release party together with other GOSH enthusiasts and soil geeks!

4 Likes

Hi all! Having some issues with the Jitsi link today, so we are meeting via Zoom instead! Here is the invite:

Gathering for Open Science Hardware is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Gathering for Open Science Hardware’s Personal Meeting Room

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 485 957 4992
One tap mobile
+13126266799,4859574992# US (Chicago)
+19292056099,4859574992# US (New York)

Dial by your location
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
Meeting ID: 485 957 4992
Find your local number:

1 Like

Hi all! The next open hour will be today at 21:00 UTC (17:00 EDT/00:00 EAT/14:00 PT). You can join the open hour here!

1 Like

Hi everyone! The next GOSH open hour is this week, on Thursday, June 9th at 13:00 UTC (9:00 EDT/16:00 EAT).

You can join the open hour here!

1 Like

Hi everybody!

Just wanted to share that the next GOSH open hour is happening this week, on Wednesday, June 29 at 21:00 UTC (12 am EAT/ 5:00 pm ET). You can join the open hour here!

The open hours are perfect for new community members wanting to know more about GOSH, as well as existing members who want to check in and see what’s happening in the community.

-Bri

1 Like

Hi GOSHers! There will be another open hour this week, on Tuesday, July 12 at 9:00 UTC (12:00 pm EAT / 5 am EST / 5 pm SGT). Come by and say hello, and find out more about what is happening in the GOSH Community!

1 Like

Hi again all! This week’s open hour has been rescheduled to Tuesday, July 26 at 21:00 UTC (0:00 EAT / 17:00 EST / 5:00 SGT).

More information on the open hours

You can see a schedule of the open hours here!

1 Like