Questions/discussion about GOSH’s 2022 Regional Events Funding! (Round 1)

Hi everyone,

Please comment here if you have questions about or want to discuss the just-announced GOSH 2022 Regional Events Funding! (Round 1)

To apply, please respond to the thread here.

Thanks!

2 Likes

I got a question: HOW AWESOME IS THIS!!! heck yeah!!!

3 Likes

Hi!
Great project, thanks!

I’m not sure what spendings the funds apply to.
If they’re limited to some type of spendings, for example, travel and accommodation related.
In a event for the collaborative development of open hardware projects, could the funds be apply to to buy components, parts or equipment for a project, for example?

Thanks!

3 Likes

Thanks @marinappdf great question. No, there aren’t strict limits on how the organisation spends the money.

2 Likes

Quick scheduling question @hpy (thanks so much for all the work in getting this up and running and so well documented BTW)… when are the expected dates of Global GOSH 2022?

2 Likes
3 Likes

hi all
we wanted to ask some questions regarding the management of funds. Background: Argentina is in a complex economical situation too complex to explain here but If money is transferred directly to our country we get a 50% cut because of taxes so:

1. Some expenses (ie international flights) can be made directly by GOSH non profit ?
  2. Can we use an intermediate account to manage a part of the funds? (like an international account of one of the members of the organization that will present the proposal)

We need to know this in order to understand how will be our real budget
Thanks

2 Likes

Hi @nanocastro thanks for the great questions. Let us look into this and respond to you here as soon as I can. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @nanocastro thanks for your questions (and if others have similar, please post them in this thread). Under circumstances like those you mention:

1. Yes, the GOSH nonprofit can make direct reimbursements to individuals for travel.
  2. If a proposal is favorable, during the due diligence period we can work with the proposing team to determine the best setup for transfer and management of funds.
3 Likes

Thanks @shannond.

Everyone, please keep the questions and discussions coming and apply here!