Local workshops for supporting DIY / local knowledge production

Thanks for making the invitation. So many thoughts after reading this.

It seems that open source hardware is missing a sales and marketing force.

1 Like

It was a pretty good call for anyone who missed, though quite large. I believe that @Albercook is following up directly with @Dip, perhaps they could post / thoughts / notes here, I’m sure folks would be interested!

2 Likes

Finally got around to respond to this thread. Sadly i missed the call…

I would love to plan another one on the same topic, some time in late August?
In fact, i started the reading the book on “Learning to Make a Difference”, mentioned in this thread.
And I will try to frame the upcoming series of events on this theoretical framework, to learn more about ourselves, our processes.

We would love if some people here would join us remotely or physically to do this kinda meta-level of anthropological research together. I think it’s a great opportunity to “do an experiment”, and reflect on it at the same time to find out more about the GOSH community, how to organize events on DIY / local knowledge and document some important formats, findings and values we share.

Hello, I just discovered this thread. It is very interesting! I am dreaming about developing a local workshop for open-source science equipment. I have some very early stage lab but there is still a lot to do and I am very much interested to share ideas with people with similar ideas. Will you plan another call in August?
Best regards, Tanguy

1 Like

I’m still interested but haven’t been on the last few calls. @Albercook has been connecting with @Dip I know, I’d love to hear any updates from them.

I’m game to join a call, later August would work for me as well!

1 Like

Hi JF :slight_smile: