This is the first of three governance posts.
Hi everyone! The Council is pulling together a glossary of terms that we use in GOSH.
Can you take a look and see if we’ve listed all the terms you’ve seen used around GOSH? Also, which ones are you sure of their meaning, and which ones are you not sure what they mean? We are hoping that taking a high level overview might first help us simplify the list , and then clearly establish relationships between these entities. Just reply in thread with any comment, thank you!
- GOSH community
- GOSH working group
- GOSH registered voters (as defined by active participation)
- GOSH Community Council
- GOSH-affiliated institutions: there is no single institution that backbones or represents the GOSH community. GOSH community activities and events have been fiscally sponsored and hosted by a number of organizations over the years.
- GOSH Inc. — US-based 501c3 nonprofit
- Other entity in Africa?
- GOSH Regional Group: Regional Groups fractally embody the structure of the global GOSH community in their own geographies in that they may set up their own regional communication channels and platforms, host their own regional gatherings, establish their own regional institutions for holding and distributing funding.
- GOSH member
- GOSH registered voter
- GOSH Working Group member
- Candidate for Community Council
- Community Coordinator: The Community Coordinator is contracted by GOSH Inc, a US-based 501c3 nonprofit and is supported by a grant from the Alfred P Sloan Foundation.
- Election Secretary
- Election Observer
- Board member of GOSH Inc
- Community Council Board Seat on GOSH Inc
- Safety Officer
- Global Gathering
- Regional Gathering
- Local events
- Network events