Share your project with an online talk/seminar/live demo!

Open Neuroscience (https://open-neuroscience.com) one of the projects I work on, has partnered up with the world-wide series to run a seminar series on open source tools for science!

It would be great to host some of people developing open source tools here.

If you are interested, you can either ping me a direct message here (or via email a.maia-chagas@sussex.ac.uk) or using this form bit.ly/ONtalks

NOTE: even though this is a partnership between Open Neuroscience and World Wide, the series is open to projects from all fields!

4 Likes

Hi Andre

Great initiative! What is the typical format of the seminars? Would it typically be one project per seminar or could projects team up?

Jenny

2 Likes

Also, are you looking for projects at specific stages? Or can projects at any stage (from ideation to production, or in betweem) give a talk??

1 Like

Hi both,

Thanks for the questions!

Due to the long list of online seminars and other online events going on, we are trying to keep the format fairly open. So a demo of your tool is fine, a traditional talk about it is also fine. What we recommend is that the whole thing takes between 30 and 45 min, with another 15-30 min in the end for questions.

Initially we would like to have projects that are already have at least a minimum working prototype. But if everything goes well, we could open up to projects that are in more initial stages!

I hope this answers the doubts, if not, let’s keep chatting!

2 Likes

hi Goshers,

we (the organizers of Open Neuroscience) are submitting an application for the “Open Science in Action” prize @jcm80 recently posted about. We have drafted a small letter of support and we are asking members of the community to “sign” it, if they find Open Neuroscience to be a useful tool (we have a website, and the seminar series, which this thread is all about).
If you have a moment, please sign the letter here Open Neuroscience Support letter - Google Docs

1 Like

André,

I have a couple of groups here in Brazil that would probably appreciate signing the support letter. How should I forward them info about this initiative?

Cheers,
VinĂ­cius

hi Vinicius!
thanks for your willingness to share information about this with your networks!

maybe you can share the following message with them:

Open Neuroscience(ON) is a volunteer run, open source platform that curates and promotes open source/open science projects related to neurosciences. Currently ON’s team focuses on three main subprojects:

• a website with filterable and searchable content, where developers and users can fill out a form to upload a post about their own projects.
  • a seminar series run as a track in the larger World Wide Series, where developers can present their open source projects,
  • a semi-automated Twitter account where a bot retweets certain tweets from certain topics and accounts.

All of ON’s code is available on their github account.

ON organisers have applied for the “Open Science in Action” prize and are looking for signatures from members of the community who find their project useful. You can sign their letter by following this link

1 Like